Granite Factory ESC, blinking red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombui

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had to replace my motor. Unfortunately, when I turn it on. The ESC is just blinking red and I have no steering or throttle response. It is #AR390236 MEGA SRS 3-IN-1 UNIT. I tried s2 lipo and NiMH batteries. I don’t see a reset button. Any help is appreciated.

What was the reason you replaced the motor?
:) If I may ask?

The Jumper is in place? And installed to the correct pins?
There is NO reset for that Controller. It is the most basic controller Arrma offered.
Perhaps you got it wet???
You may need to buy a replacement Controller.( $40.) Or you can alternatively get a new radio with Reciever and a separate Speed controller as a better upgrade. For under $100.

Amazon.com: Arrma AR390236 Radio Control Car Spares: Toys & Games

Last edited:
Flux capacitor fluid is low. Happens all the time. Bad orings and flex seals on the smoke reservoir. Trust me that is the last thing you want to do is let all the smoke out. Never good when that happens. So what you want to do is check the wires going to that little black radio box. Make sure they are pressed in there nice and firm. Last thing you want is it to go all caddywomp on you. That 1.21 jigowatts is a lot to handle if not careful. So once those are snuggled up in the correct spots and the correct orientation. We are gonna move on to making sure that reciver and radio wheeled controller is a match made in heaven. That mighty fine rig there should have came with what they call a bind plug. If ya can't seem to find it check the glove box, beer holder what ever it is to you. I lose all kinds of things in there. If you still can't find it well, I know what you are asking for Christmas now don't I?
So come Christmas when you have your bind plug. You are gonna take that plug and stick it in that bind port of that there reciver. Just stick it in and don't play with it. Not just the tip either. Put it all the way in. If you can't get it bottomed out in the socket, well... Guess you should have asked Santa for a bigger bind plug. So once your reciver and radio are bound and leads are plugged in correctly you should have those there wheels flopping all back and forth. If not then you got them tx/rx blues. One of them both died on you. I may even go as far as saying that motor may have been a reciver all along.
So at this point if nutten movin. Find yourself a different reciver or transmitter to have a little swinging party and let everyone have a turn and see if you can find the right spot.
At dis point if nutten work you got bigger problems. Might be dat esc or maybe it just blinking a lot because you over filled that blinker fluid. Welp maybe it working by now bit if not. Bet your local drug.... oops I mean parts dealer can hook you up with the fix you are looking for.....

Just noticed you said 3 in 1 that never a good thing. Nobody like 3 in 1. It cool to look at and all but when it comes time for functionality. Things just get in the way. I would change that myself.

Flux capacitor fluid is low. Happens all the time. Bad orings and flex seals on the smoke reservoir. Trust me that is the last thing you want to do is let all the smoke out. Never good when that happens. So what you want to do is check the wires going to that little black radio box. Make sure they are pressed in there nice and firm. Last thing you want is it to go all caddywomp on you. That 1.21 jigowatts is a lot to handle if not careful. So once those are snuggled up in the correct spots and the correct orientation. We are gonna move on to making sure that reciver and radio wheeled controller is a match made in heaven. That mighty fine rig there should have came with what they call a bind plug. If ya can't seem to find it check the glove box, beer holder what ever it is to you. I lose all kinds of things in there. If you still can't find it well, I know what you are asking for Christmas now don't I?
So come Christmas when you have your bind plug. You are gonna take that plug and stick it in that bind port of that there reciver. Just stick it in and don't play with it. Not just the tip either. Put it all the way in. If you can't get it bottomed out in the socket, well... Guess you should have asked Santa for a bigger bind plug. So once your reciver and radio are bound and leads are plugged in correctly you should have those there wheels flopping all back and forth. If not then you got them tx/rx blues. One of them both died on you. I may even go as far as saying that motor may have been a reciver all along.
So at this point if nutten movin. Find yourself a different reciver or transmitter to have a little swinging party and let everyone have a turn and see if you can find the right spot.
At dis point if nutten work you got bigger problems. Might be dat esc or maybe it just blinking a lot because you over filled that blinker fluid. Welp maybe it working by now bit if not. Bet your local drug.... oops I mean parts dealer can hook you up with the fix you are looking for.....

Just noticed you said 3 in 1 that never a good thing. Nobody like 3 in 1. It cool to look at and all but when it comes time for functionality. Things just get in the way. I would change that myself.
Dang you went ALL the way around the block on that one. ?

There is NO reset for that Controller. It is the most basic controller Arrma offered.
You may need to buy a replacement Controller.( $40.) Or you can alternatively get a new radio with Reciever and a separate Speed controller as a better upgrade. For under $100.

The black lead snapped off the motor and Arrma sent a replacement.

any one have a recommendation on a waterproof esc and servo upgrade?

Jumpers are in the correct place. Can you recommend a budget waterproof servo, controller and receiver? Trying to leave it as stock. Thank you again.

Honestly by the time you do all that you might as well find a cheap used 3s model. Not that its cheaper to do that but at that price point you wouldn't be too far off.

Bought two $60 granite and got hooked. Purchased the big rock v3 already. Really for my friends to join in and get the itch. But I am willing to pay a bit more to get more fun out of my investment.

I would hit jennyrc and just pick up a 3s system and drop it in or cheaper would be a ebay system but that is hit or miss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back