Typhon Fan plug into reciever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Just got an motor fan and it has a connector with 2 poles (i don't know how to call them in english). But the reciever has 3 poles per channel. Do i just plug the fan random into two of these?

The fans normally come with a red 2 pole connector.. Called "JST"
Your receiver.. Has a 3 pole input.. Called "JR"
So.. What you need is a JST to JR adaptor..

Only thing you have to find out now.. Is what side you need for both sides of the connector.. Male/female

I have a few Yeah Racing fans, all 2 prong, that work perfectly in my 3 prong receivers as long as you line up the ground wire correctly. he prob doesn't need an adapter but someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure :LOL:

I have a few Yeah Racing fans, all 2 prong, that work perfectly in my 3 prong receivers as long as you line up the ground wire correctly. he prob doesn't need an adapter but someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure :LOL:

I have the same ones.. I used a JR to go into receiver.. With an Y to double JST where fan leads plug into..

No, they will plug in, just might be a bit tight as the JST is a hair thicker than the JR connector. I normally grind them down a hair on my dremel.

On receivers, the pin closest to the outside edge of the case is typically ground/black with the middle prong being hot/red and the 3rd prong closest to the inside being the signal.

You can actually take the pins out of a jst connector and jam them into a JR connector. I do it all the time for new fans. It’s a little hard to get in but it can be done really easy. Then it fits into your receiver like a glove. Just gotta make sure you put the positive pin into the middle of the JR connector and the ground pin into the outer hole.

Thanks Olds. I was pretty sure he didnt need any kind of adapter. Glad someone confirmed though ;)
And yeah mine were a lil' tight as well but fit regardless.

The fans normally come with a red 2 pole connector.. Called "JST"
Your receiver.. Has a 3 pole input.. Called "JR"
So.. What you need is a JST to JR adaptor..

Only thing you have to find out now.. Is what side you need for both sides of the connector.. Male/female
Heya, what about if I have a fan with 3 pins but it's too thick to connect to the esc. It's a pc fan. Do you have any idea where I might get an adaptor or even what the name of what I have is? Thanks.

s-l300.jpg

Heya, what about if I have a fan with 3 pins but it's too thick to connect to the esc. It's a pc fan. Do you have any idea where I might get an adaptor or even what the name of what I have is? Thanks.

View attachment 181256
I'm no expert, but the Hobby Rocket fans are cheap as chips on Ali express... probably not worth your time trying to adapt the pc fan.

View attachment 181256
Odds are, you'd need an adapter to use that fan. The 3rd wire is a temp/speed adjusting lead. Without a resistor or whatever necessary, it may not even turn on.

Actually, 3 pin fans like that are PWM controlled with the yellow wire being an open collector tach feedback. 4 wire PC-like fans have the 4th wire...think it's usually blue that is a PWM input control wire but then still has the power and tach feedback wires.

Actually, 3 pin fans like that are PWM controlled with the yellow wire being an open collector tach feedback. 4 wire PC-like fans have the 4th wire...think it's usually blue that is a PWM input control wire but then still has the power and tach feedback wires.
Oh, sorry about that. I thought the 3 wire ones were rpm controlled via the 3rd wire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back