Felony Felony f/r diff cases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say skip those. Unless you're having problems with broken diff housings? But if it isn't broke, don't fix it. If you're trying to make your drivetrain stronger your money is better spent on upgraded center drive shafts (either Scorched RC Ti shafts or Perfect Pass CF shafts), ceramic bearings throughout and upgraded diff input cups (Scorched RC makes good ones but there are many others as well). My take.

I was worried they might break because 8s has allot of torque in that car. I just had the diff housings out and they looked fine, cleaned them off. Which would be better, the Titanium shafts or the CF shafts? What diff input cups would you recommend?

I really wouldn't worry about the diff cases. I have yet to break one or even see one break. What I would recommend is getting a spare kit of diff gears and diff pins for the sun gears. I've broken one sun gear and the pins shear off every so often depending on how much and how hard you run. If you're running 8S, I'd get those sooner rather than later.

I absolutely love my CF drive shafts. They eliminate all center driveline vibration. I have a set of Ti shafts, but I have yet to use them so I can't give you a solid comparison. Here's a link to the CF shafts.
https://amz.run/5oo1

These are the Scorched RC input cups. I use them myself and they work beautifully.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...ive-cup-pair-5mm-output-to-8mm-shaft-ball-end

Here are the Ti shafts if you prefer them. They're a good bit less expensive than the CF shafts if the price tag seems a bit high.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...anium-centre-drive-shaft-infraction-limitless

I checked Island Hobby Nut for both, but neither was in stock (they're the US retailer for Scorched RC parts).

I'll have to keep an eye on them for when they come back in stock. I think I would rather have the Ti and those input cups do look beefy. Do ceramic bearings last longer than steel? Just curious why the 4x price difference.

I'll have to keep an eye on them for when they come back in stock. I think I would rather have the Ti and those input cups do look beefy. Do ceramic bearings last longer than steel? Just curious why the 4x price difference.
How long bearings last is all down to regular maintenance. How often will depend largely on the conditions in which you run your car. Check them regularly for any binding, crunchy feel. If treated and maintained well, ceramics will last longer than steel. How much longer I can't quantify, but I've had them in my Infraction for a half year and they're still flawless. You don't necessarily need ceramics, but I've been well pleased with mine.

^^^^ @Windays, well said.. Felony or Infraction. No issues with my Infraction v1 stock diffs, but I do like a metal center diff for the heat. Bearings he was spot on checking them and maintenance them often. Offroad rigs like the Kraton I check after each session once I get it home due to all the dirt that on-road cars do not see as much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back