Felony Felony same as Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaynor

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Vendetta
Dumb question but when getting my Felony the LHS folks told me the Infraction is a Felony with a different body. Is that accurate?

Dumb question but when getting my Felony the LHS folks told me the Infraction is a Felony with a different body. Is that accurate?

not 100% accurate but close.

The Felony have offset wheels AND different gearing in the diffs between front and rear. Which becomes a challenge when you have to /want to rotate your wheels from front to back ,also when trying to find replacement wheels.

The infraction have the same size tires all around. Making it much easier to source replacement wheels.
And their diffs are the same in the front and rear, simpler to replace when they need to be refreshed.

The Infraction is better at…tricks? Whike the Felony is for speed?

The Infraction is better at…tricks? Whike the Felony is for speed?

no , not necessarily.

If you want pure speed ,take a look at the Limitless.

I got a limitless the other day. And I have an XO-1. I started in the hobby June 3rd and i went hard. That being said while I love the idea of high speed road cars I am a bad driver. I am trying to get better. The Felony and the Vendetta are much better for me with the Vendetta being my favorite.

So why would someone choose the Infraction over Felony other than Truck vs Car?

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

I got a limitless the other day. And I have an XO-1. I started in the hobby June 3rd and i went hard. That being said while I love the idea of high speed road cars I am a bad driver. I am trying to get better. The Felony and the Vendetta are much better for me with the Vendetta being my favorite.

So why would someone choose the Infraction over Felony other than Truck vs Car?

View attachment 308531

View attachment 308532

It's really personal preference.

I prefer to not have to deal with having to source two different sets of wheels each time I need to replace them..
And, I love the look of the truck!

1688081023353.png

Thank you for the answer!

Thank you for the answer!

Certainly.
Hope it helped.

You're going to have a Blast ripping your Felony and Limitless!!

You might even need to install some deployable drag chutes to slow down your Speedsters 🤣🤘

I actually like the felony more than the infraction but dealing with the rear tires is definitely annoying and leads to you spending more money in the long run.

Is getting wheels really that big a deal?

Is getting wheels really that big a deal?
The problem is, arrma is the only one who makes felony rear tires. You have to spend 40 dollars on rear felony tires every single time you need em and the front tires are like 34$ thats 70+ dollars for 1 set of tires. The infraction or limitless can use GRP tires on all 4 corners which are better than hoons and only cost 22$ per pair. You can almost get a full set of tires for the cost of just the rear felony tires.

Thats BIG when these rigs can burn through a set of tires in 1-3 packs if you're a hard basher. Every blue moon horizon hobby will have a felony tire sale where they are like half off. I've only seen one since I've been in the hobby just under 2 years and I bought a crap ton. I only have 2 pairs of rear tires left and I've been praying for another sale ever since.

The problem is, arrma is the only one who makes felony rear tires. You have to spend 40 dollars on rear felony tires every single time you need em and the front tires are like 34$ thats 70+ dollars for 1 set of tires. The infraction or limitless can use GRP tires on all 4 corners which are better than hoons and only cost 22$ per pair. You can almost get a full set of tires for the cost of just the rear felony tires.

Thats BIG when these rigs can burn through a set of tires in 1-3 packs if you're a hard basher. Every blue moon horizon hobby will have a felony tire sale where they are like half off. I've only seen one since I've been in the hobby just under 2 years and I bought a crap ton. I only have 2 pairs of rear tires left and I've been praying for another sale ever since.
Oh, I didn't realize that. That makes more sense.

It's really personal preference.

I prefer to not have to deal with having to source two different sets of wheels each time I need to replace them..
And, I love the look of the truck!

View attachment 308538

Can't one of the F or R Difs gears be swapped out to run same diameter tires?

Last edited:
I think for most people the felony is for looks. As fast as I can remember everyone seems to prefer the infraction for drifting and parking lot bashing with the exception of @Moirae 's post above.

Any of these models can work for "fast" speeds in the 60-90 mph range.
If you want to head towards speeds over 100 mph it will be ideal to run different tires and that is when the infraction / limitless is ideal.

They are all the same with the exception of the felony's rear diff and tires being different. (small other differences to mount the body/bumper)

You can find a diff assembly at Jenny's rc and convert the car to be an infraction/limitless pretty easily.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-infraction-ara109001

Ideally, you will want to run GRP tires for both bashing or high-speed use. They are great for both.

I just noticed the price difference as well. I just got my felony back to looking good and added a handbrake module. I know this will sound stupid but while buying Traxxas stuff every time I passed the Felony in my LHS I swear I could hear Dominic Toretto saying “lets go for a little ride.”

It eventually got me. I don't hear anything while I walk by the Infraction.

Not true that only Arrma makes Felony rear tires as PowerHobby and Pro Line do as well.
Powerhobby doesn't make felony tires, they make wider tires but it's still not compatible unless you swap diffs. Proline does but they're even more expensive than the hoons lol.

Powerhobby doesn't make felony tires, they make wider tires but it's still not compatible unless you swap diffs. Proline does but they're even more expensive than the hoons lol.

Nope

Edited for clarity:
I have the smaller Power Hobby Grippers (42's) on the front as well and run the wider Grippers (54's) at the rear. I have run the wider Grippers on the rear with the stock Hoons at the front and the difference was negligible. For the sake of filling out the wheel wells, I consider them Felony tires. Lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back