FGR4S not binding... Fake? SOLVED: not fake, came from the factory with bad bind plugs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
So i purchased a fgr4s receiver for my NB4 off of Aliexpress, but then i got tired of waiting and purchased one off Amazon...

I put the amazon one in the car, went through the process of updating the NB4 to the latest version and tried, unsuccessfully to bind/force an update to the Rx. All the videos i have watched shows the Rx LED blinking rapidly 3 times when the bind plug is in the "forced update position" (bridging the signal pins on "Bind" and channel 4). My Rx blinks once slowly regardless of where the bind plug is placed.

When it arrived I took the aliexpress rx and tried it too, but it behaved the same. I spent 3 hours messing with it with no change in behavior and gave up for a while.

I just received another Nobel NB4 for my son, and it came with a fgr4s receiver so i tried that one, it updated and bound right up! No issues. I tried again with the amazon and Aliexpress versions and nothing...

Did i buy 2 knockoffs from 2 different places? Am i doing something wrong??

Just to clarify, you put the plug in like this?
F4AFF91B-5840-41AA-AE5B-E5D30D1FF97B.jpeg

Yes I’ll take a video in the morning.

I have 3 of these… 2 of them will not bind or update. The 3rd works as per the instructions, all 3 are brand new.

Just to clarify, you put the plug in like this? View attachment 286461

Putting this here for anyone else who comes across this issue:

TLDR: the bind plugs were bad from the factory…. Use a different known good bind plug.

———————

Ok, so after banging my head against this for DAYS I figured out the problem.

The receivers I purchased individually came with bad bind plugs.

The third that came in the kit had a good bind plug, but I put it back in the kit box after binding and continued to play with the other 2 receivers with their own plugs.

Anyway, my volt meter confirmed no continuity between the plug terminals on 2 of the 3 plugs.

Using the 3rd plug worked in all 3 receivers.

I am used to one thing failing, but I never considered that 2 EXTREMELY SIMPLE things could fail straight out of the box.

Since these came from 2 different sources (the slow boat and Amazon) it leads me to believe that this is widespread and others will be having this issue. If this thread helps you out then leave a reply!!

Seems like the bind plug factory dropped the ball.

Glad you finally figured it out. 👍
Are the ones you bought cheaper than the Flysky ones? Always nice to have options and one can never have enough extra rx’s.

Glad you finally figured it out. 👍
Are the ones you bought cheaper than the Flysky ones? Always nice to have options and one can never have enough extra rx’s.

The one from aliexpress was cheaper, the Amazon one was list price… just quicker shipping.

The receivers look identical (and now behave identical). The amazon one came with a note from fly sky that it was already updated to V3 firmware. The bind plugs look and feel identical, in fact I had to get the volt meter back out because I got them mixed up.

Oh and I have cars for all of them 😎

Last edited:
I have had the same issue. Fgr4 recievers that would not bind. Forever. No matter what I tried. Tried all the right updates/firmware etc. No good. I still have one now in my Notorious. I have to re bind it everytime I plug in a pack and it works fine. 🤷‍♂️ too lazy to return it at the time. Iirc I got them from amazon too.

I have had the same issue. Fgr4 recievers that would not bind. Forever. No matter what I tried. Tried all the right updates/firmware etc. No good. I still have one now in my Notorious. I have to re bind it everytime I plug in a pack and it works fine. 🤷‍♂️ too lazy to return it at the time. Iirc I got them from amazon too.
weird... i haven't tried to see if the binding was persistent with the amazon receiver... I just left the "working" one in there because... well... im lazy. But that would be super frustrating.

i'll give it a try tonight.

I just had the same problem. In fact i just sent 2 receivers back to amazon because I could not update them. Just ordered some more and 1out of the 2 had bind plug. Thanks for all the help !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back