Not so "Smart" updating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherbanater

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave 4s
I recently purchased the Mojave 4s and it seems to dial in any kind of updated settings or firmware fixes for the ESC, receiver and even there line of "SMART" chargers it seems you need a separate connection interface for each device. I already had to purchase the V2 program card for the ESC to fix the dreaded LVC issue like a lot of people have had with the Firma 100-120-150A. Continuing with further research I've noticed the DX series of receivers/transmitters require the SPMA3065 cable to do any updates. The S2100 Dual Smart charger also requires the separate SPMXCA100 cable for any updating as well. Seems to me the "SMART" thing to do is make one compatible interface cable for all of there so called smart technology. I guess the added $70 the consumer has to fork out to have a well oiled machine dumb or not is overlooked but IMO unfortunately required.

I recently purchased the Mojave 4s and it seems to dial in any kind of updated settings or firmware fixes for the ESC, receiver and even there line of "SMART" chargers it seems you need a separate connection interface for each device. I already had to purchase the V2 program card for the ESC to fix the dreaded LVC issue like a lot of people have had with the Firma 100-120-150A. Continuing with further research I've noticed the DX series of receivers/transmitters require the SPMA3065 cable to do any updates. The S2100 Dual Smart charger also requires the separate SPMXCA100 cable for any updating as well. Seems to me the "SMART" thing to do is make one compatible interface cable for all of there so called smart technology. I guess the added $70 the consumer has to fork out to have a well oiled machine dumb or not is overlooked but IMO unfortunately required.
That's how Spektrum works: they require additional items to make everything work the way they should out of the box. It's a ploy to get you trapped in the Spektrum universe and keep you spending money. That's why I rarely use Spektrum electronics: I have removed Spektrum stuff on three of my four Arrma vehicles. I only use a Spektrum charger for a couple of 4s G2 batteries I bought at my local RC shop because that's all they had at the time I needed batteries. It would be nice if someone did what was done for Traxxas iD batteries - an adapter so that iD batteries can be charged on a standard charger. I use an adapter regularly.

Back