Solved the problem with my New Vorteks! but what part is it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyGuitar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, this is my second post on here. My first post was trying to solve this horrible issue with my New out the box Arrma Vorteks. It was stuttering at start, and slow speeds. Like literally stuttering like porky pig instead of driving off… repeatedly stalling, disconnecting the throttle and reengaging over and over, then it would finally take off randomly and drive after 5-10 seconds of this 1-2 MPH stuttering. Clicking and light in the ESC flickering off and in as the throttle disconnects and reconnects over and over… I then found out that if I turned the steering wheel all the way, the stuttering never stops. It would just driver in a sputtering stuttering circle at 1mph and never take off and drive until I straighten the steering wheel. Once the wheel is straight it stutters and sputters a few times then takes off.

It was the Damn AVC the entire time, which wasn’t even on the radar. I have to turn the the AVC off 100% to nothing, then it suddenly works perfectly…. there is no stutter, no delays, no hesitation, the truck flys off the second I push the throttle.
If I have the AVC on even like 10% … the car is nearly un-drivable, stutters in circles and stutters at start up, stutters every time I turn the damn car.

What part could this be? We were originally speculating an issue with the ESC.
Based on the AVC being the culprit (or at least Turing it off stops the issue)
, what could the gremlin in the system be? It’s under warranty, but I don’t want to ship it off for 6 weeks, I am hoping it’s a cheap part or by knowing what it is Arrma can send me a new part.

I really appreciate any help, I was so frustrated for well over a week.

Back