Big Rock Finally, got my big rock!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Well I finally got a big rock. Been wanting one for a long time. The wife got that, the deadbolt and the two traxxas hot rods for my birthday for me. Don't mind the decorations they are left over from my youngest sons birthday yesterday lol.
Took it out and was blown away by it. Definitely love this truck. The one issue I had was I had a rock get stuck between the center shaft and chassis and it put a decent groove in it. Any recommendations on how to prevent that with this truck?
20230512_215006.jpg

Ya know..... I started 3 S, then went 6 S, then 8 S....... the Big Rock...... may be my next rig...... I know it has a lotta fans...... I have not idea from personal experience how to prevent what you want to avoid, but give it time, Im sure someone can help ya out....

I've been in the hobby a very... very long time and I've had all sorts of rc. Big, little, fast and slow.... this is my first Arrma besides the ones I'd bought the kids and I'm excited to try something new. Love the looks of the big rock and honestly after some packs its living up to all the hype I've read about for close to 2 years now. It handles absolutely amazing. Flat out I can corner on rock into grass/dirt and not traction roll! Jumps very well and rides on 2 very well.. I'm certainly impressed so far. The most stable rig I've had to date has been my inferno mp9 and this rigs right up there with it imo

I run my Bigrock more than any other of my RCs. You'll love it.

Although I didn't like the Ragnarok tyres. They got replaced pretty quick.

Well I finally got a big rock. Been wanting one for a long time. The wife got that, the deadbolt and the two traxxas hot rods for my birthday for me. Don't mind the decorations they are left over from my youngest sons birthday yesterday lol.
Took it out and was blown away by it. Definitely love this truck. The one issue I had was I had a rock get stuck between the center shaft and chassis and it put a decent groove in it. Any recommendations on how to prevent that with this truck?
View attachment 299287
Try getting a chassis cover.. basically a net cover that wraps under and over and has a zipper around it.this one is on eBay

Screenshot_20230513-085429.png

The Big Rock is a awesome truck .it was my second arrma I bought.actually first for my self .the first arrma was for my son .the out cast.i used the big rock stock for a while but then decided off roading wasn't my style ..I've allways enjoyed street bashing and the big rock was my first 3s rc and I noticed it was fast.so I decided to convert it to a street speedster..I did a lot of research and I noticed no one had extended the big rock by taking two original chassis and fabricating them together.so I did..I started a build thread on here and it's now 32" long worlds longest ..I named it BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 💪 I'm still working on the big rock cover . extending and doing some mods to it. I have other body cover that I use for speed runs .here are some quick pics..if you guys like check out my build thread I'll drop the link💪😁

IMG_20221203_205506146.jpg

IMG_20230318_231242702.jpg

IMG_20230120_232719718.jpg

IMG_20230121_011033912.jpg

IMG_20230420_210753569.jpg

IMG_20221109_200453318.jpg

IMG_20230414_215427182.jpg

Be creative and most of all unique..you make these trucks transform into what ever you want ..just takes time and obviously money.im already passed over 1k on this build.. little by little it just keeps climbing.ive had awesome luck so far .no breaks at all.money I've spent has been on suspension upgrades and parts to make it a speedster.alot of aluminum I've been adding on.sorry for babbling on but just let you know this is what this hobby is all about.. wrenching and having a blast.💪😁👍
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-v3-3s-blx-body-and-chassis-extended-build-project.56253/

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures here in this link gave me an idea on how to make a shield up.. just gotta get by lowes for some materials lol.
Thanks for the replies guys!
I'm new to arrma but far from new in the rc world 😎 I'm one of those old timey/refuse to grow up types. (OK, I'm 37, but I've been into it since I was 7.. so that counts for something right? Lol).

I've got some plans for it but as I also have 4 children my plans usually take a good while so no use in exciting anybody yet over them lol.

Looking at the pictures here in this link gave me an idea on how to make a shield up.. just gotta get by lowes for some materials lol.
Thanks for the replies guys!
I'm new to arrma but far from new in the rc world 😎 I'm one of those old timey/refuse to grow up types. (OK, I'm 37, but I've been into it since I was 7.. so that counts for something right? Lol).

I've got some plans for it but as I also have 4 children my plans usually take a good while so no use in exciting anybody yet over them lol.
So what's your idea of a shield up?

The Big Rock is a awesome truck .it was my second arrma I bought.actually first for my self .the first arrma was for my son .the out cast.i used the big rock stock for a while but then decided off roading wasn't my style ..I've allways enjoyed street bashing and the big rock was my first 3s rc and I noticed it was fast.so I decided to convert it to a street speedster..I did a lot of research and I noticed no one had extended the big rock by taking two original chassis and fabricating them together.so I did..I started a build thread on here and it's now 32" long worlds longest ..I named it BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 💪 I'm still working on the big rock cover . extending and doing some mods to it. I have other body cover that I use for speed runs .here are some quick pics..if you guys like check out my build thread I'll drop the link💪😁

View attachment 299443

View attachment 299444

View attachment 299445

View attachment 299446

View attachment 299447

View attachment 299448

View attachment 299449
Be creative and most of all unique..you make these trucks transform into what ever you want ..just takes time and obviously money.im already passed over 1k on this build.. little by little it just keeps climbing.ive had awesome luck so far .no breaks at all.money I've spent has been on suspension upgrades and parts to make it a speedster.alot of aluminum I've been adding on.sorry for babbling on but just let you know this is what this hobby is all about.. wrenching and having a blast.💪😁👍
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-v3-3s-blx-body-and-chassis-extended-build-project.56253/

GOOOOOD LOOOOORRRRRRDDD!!!!! That thing is long enough to span 2 time zones !!!

School Bus GIF

Congrats and welcome to the Jungle... I'm 57 years young and remember dearly the Radio Shack AA powered "Monster Trucks" of the late 80's. Bought a friend a traxxas 10 years ago for helping me move and we damn near put a hole in the wall, lol! Ever since then, I wanted a new RC, so I started with a brushed Leagendary, then got a Big Rock and beefed it to 6s. Than got a 1/8 Kraton and beefed that to 8s.
Not your normal Big Rock...
IMG_5800.JPG

Weather's been absolute crap but got 71 mph out the big rock on 4s with 1/3 of the lot cordoned off for motorcycle training and 70 out of the Kraton on 6s no sweat. Oh, not factory tires....

Last edited:
Thats pretty awesome!
My old man flew planes so I was always around rc and tower catalogs growing up. I don't remember the ages but I started with a nib kyosho Pegasus and a tamiya blackfoot when I was real young. Then in 96 I bought a nitro stampede when they came out with paper route money lol. Its been a wild ride since. Now days I have what the wife calls a "problem". I call it a collection. I buy and restore all the rc I drooled over as a kid and so I have quiet a few around on top of my regular basher.

I'll get a mock up of my idea for a shield when I get a chance. Basically a tunnel to ride over it with a size of square tubing with 1 side cut off and cut to fit over obstacles such as the battery straps and such.

Thats pretty awesome!
My old man flew planes so I was always around rc and tower catalogs growing up. I don't remember the ages but I started with a nib kyosho Pegasus and a tamiya blackfoot when I was real young. Then in 96 I bought a nitro stampede when they came out with paper route money lol. Its been a wild ride since. Now days I have what the wife calls a "problem". I call it a collection. I buy and restore all the rc I drooled over as a kid and so I have quiet a few around on top of my regular basher.

I'll get a mock up of my idea for a shield when I get a chance. Basically a tunnel to ride over it with a size of square tubing with 1 side cut off and cut to fit over obstacles such as the battery straps and such.
Just make sure what ever you make isn't wide..when the battery is in there isn't much space .you want that shaft to spin freely and not run up against what ever you make .
I still say buy that net zipper up bag / chassis cover..you only need to install it one time .it has a zipper so you can just unzip it and get to your electronics easy..it keeps out dust and pebbles and dirt.those things can destroy a drive train .every so often you'll need to clean inside your motor module.get that harmful dirt and dust out or any tiny grit that will get into your gears .it's not a very well sealed module.i coverd the holes from the bottom to prevent some junk from getting in but I still find crap in there and I only do speed passes with my converted Big Papa long Rock.if I hadn't extended my boy I would get them chassis net bags but I'd need two since it's 32" long now .it stays clean for the most part since it's just a street speedster.

You might be totally right on the net as I've got the truck sitting here and have less room now that I'm messing with it then I initially thought between everything. This is a pic of the center shaft after just that first run. Seems to be right at the end of the splines inside so I don't believe it will actually cause an issue. I just don't want to run into it anymore lol

20230515_103851.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back