Talion Finally upgraded the steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
It's about time. The stock servo and mount on this thing was a mess. Even with the servo saver shimmed and adjusted, it could just not keep up. Made the following changes:
  • Voltage Hobbies aluminum mount and top plates
  • Hot Racing servo arm
  • Savox SW2210-SG servo
Even at 6v, this servo really moves. 7.4v should be interesting

Here is the old POS:
IMG_20201001_182301.jpg

New parts from Voltage.
My first order from them. Fair price, good comm, quick shipping, and great packaging. The note was a nice touch.
IMG_20200929_180501.jpg

All ready to go. Can't wait to give this a shot.
IMG_20201001_205458.jpg

It's probably pretty close, but I don't think it's bottoming out. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Hi mate,

Where did you get the Hot Racing Servo arm from?

Thanks

Purchased it off of eBay from RC MODZ. Quick shipping, good purchase.
Does yours sit on the frame? That's what I'm not liking about my protek 370tbl on my kraton exb
It's probably pretty close, but I don't think it's bottoming out. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Yeah, its sitting on the frame, but not smashed. I suppose I could put a spacer underneath to bring it up a bit if needed. But that would raise the arm even more that it was. I had to put a small (1/8" or so) spacer to align the arm with the servo saver.

Does yours sit on the frame? That's what I'm not liking about my protek 370tbl on my kraton exb
From the Voltage Hobbies website:
Note: The 2 plastic spacers used under the servo tabs with the original plastic servo mount are not needed with our aluminum servo mount. The only time they may be required is with some tall aftermarket servos to provide additional clearance from the chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back