Fireteam Fireteam with bigger tires using 17 to 24 hex adapter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger tires... He has some videos

Prehaps better to get new bigger tires with 17 hex :D

Last edited:
Rovan 5B on Fireteam with notorious stub/hubs.

Just bash it RC makes an adaptor depending on 24mm wheel hex.

IMG_1116_Original.jpeg

I don't see why not. Be sure to stock up on diff parts cuz you'll need them.
+1
Not sure why so many want Bigger and heavier tires for their FT. FT is heavy enough. The FT stocker tires are great IMHO. Light, tall and narrower than the others, seem to work great for me. Chops through grass easily. They don't even balloon all too much. (on 6s). They are pretty durable. Stiff sidewalls. (y) (y)
Treads lasting long if you don't run on pavement. 6s BF's drive nice also. Just The stockers are the better tires, IMHO.
The "looks" of the stockers are rather odd, I agree. But doesn't matter to me.

Any one notice there is no Specific label or name for the Fireteam tires. No model stamping or anything?
Just one tiny barely visible Arrma logo on the outer sidewall.

Last edited:
I just threw on my PL trenchers (17mm). They are plenty big for my FT. I am running kraton hubs which help. I'm running the spektrum 1250kv/160 combo with it. Hooks up great

I just threw on my PL trenchers (17mm). They are plenty big for my FT. I am running kraton hubs which help. I'm running the spektrum 1250kv/160 combo with it. Hooks up great
8S on the fireteam? How is it?

8S on the fireteam? How is it?
Honestly.....I ran it on 8s once....it was just to see how it went. It was too much. Plus physically stuffing two 4s batteries is a pita...
I run it on 6s and it's bonkers. Basically on 6s at 50% on the controller feels like a stock system. Which is great because at that point the motor is barely being pushed.. 75% is pretty fun...still drivable. 100% is almost too much. I want my diffs to stay alive for a bit so I mostly run it at 75%. It's a happy medium. Also...punch is left stock. Running 24t pinion.

I went with lighter and smaller on my FT (SRC Road Crushers) but I street bash mine. I am planning to go even smaller with 1/5 GRP and 3/4" Sqr Hexes from JustBashIt over the winter when I upgrade to the Max6/4985 combo.

A number of guys on the forums run 6s Backflips on the FT, if I recall correctly.

I went with lighter and smaller on my FT (SRC Road Crushers) but I street bash mine. I am planning to go even smaller with 1/5 GRP and 3/4" Sqr Hexes from JustBashIt over the winter when I upgrade to the Max6/4985 combo.

A number of guys on the forums run 6s Backflips on the FT, if I recall correctly.
I switched to 6s backflips on mine. I was getting a lot of rollovers on turns with the stock tires. I’ve since put the stock Fireteam tires on my talion EXB, they work well on that rig.

I switched to 6s backflips on mine. I was getting a lot of rollovers on turns with the stock tires. I’ve since put the stock Fireteam tires on my talion EXB, they work well on that rig.
I think a slightly wider track helps out. The kraton hubs do the trick from what I've found.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back