Fireteam A Fireteam with 8S, Max6 and Firma 5687 1100KV ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
Anyone know if 8S, Max6 and Firma 5687 1100KV will fit and work on a Fireteam?
Will the drivetrain hold up if I go easy on the punch? Or is the 6s platform to weak?

Thanks for any input.

The motor diameter may cause it to bottom out on the chassis, but I’m not 100% sure. If it does, you can raise the motor mount a few mm buy adding a washer or two between the mount and chassis where the three screws go through……I wouldn’t recommend this though because stability and integrity of the motor mount is predicated on the fact that it lays flush on the chassis.
Motor length should be no issue.

The max6 fits fine although you may have to shave a bit of plastic off the stock esc plate. I use the basherqueen esc mount on mine with the max6.

Before you go ahead and do this……8S on this rig is overkill for what it’s worth. A better solution would be to use the HW 4985 motor and a 21-22 tooth pinion.

Cheers,
Kev

I have a Traxxas Xmaxx 6s motor as well
Traxxas 3361 Brushless Motor, Velineon 1600XL, X-Maxx 1/6

Product NameTraxxas 3361 Brushless Motor, Velineon 1600XL, X-Maxx 1/6
DescriptionHigh Speed Ball Bearing
5mm Motor Shaft
TRX 6.5mm Bullet Connectors
Desig to use wit 6S System
Specifications:
Sensorless Sytem
Diameter :48mm
Lenght: 110mm (25mm Shaft L + 85mm Can)
Weight: 665G

I should probably use that one instead, with the right gearing it should be faster and cooler than stock motor.

EDIT: Well pinion sits on extremely hard with grub screw off :D and I don’t know holes in the motor is compatible with motor mount, look at picture.

IMG_4641.jpeg

Last edited:
My FT6 wheelies a bit and balloons the front pretty easily just on Max6 G2 1650kv on 6S. It seriously hauls.

Running a bigger system with 8S isn't even on my radar without damaging/wearing out a ton of things.

But there is only 1 screw hole for the motor on the front, the little hole.

It’s like Traxxas isn’t meant for the Hobby 🤷🏻‍♂️

I got my FT running with a XLX2 and 2028-1100kv. Without belted tires it's uncontrolable on 8s. And it certainly wears out the diffs quickly.
For bashing i just run it on 6S (mostly with paddles) and thats just great fun.

Specwise the the xmax motor might be a better option. I big can motor on 6S does stay cooler though

My FT6 wheelies a bit and balloons the front pretty easily just on Max6 G2 1650kv on 6S. It seriously hauls.

Running a bigger system with 8S isn't even on my radar without damaging/wearing out a ton of things.
Good to know then I don’t think 8s is for me here.
I got my FT running with a XLX2 and 2028-1100kv. Without belted tires it's uncontrolable on 8s. And it certainly wears out the diffs quickly.
For bashing i just run it on 6S (mostly with paddles) and thats just great fun.

Specwise the the xmax motor might be a better option. I big can motor on 6S does stay cooler though
Also good to know, thanks 👍🏻

If you can drill and tap just modify the existing one to fit the mount/plate pattern and diameter.

A Hobbywing 4990 is pound for pound the best 6S-8S motor available. The wattage shows the 5687 is just additional weight and gearing, even the 5690 was mainly developed for thermal dynamics and the larger/longer shaft diameter to accommodate 30lb RC drivetrains.

If you can drill and tap just modify the existing one to fit the mount/plate pattern and diameter.

A Hobbywing 4990 is pound for pound the best 6S-8S motor available. The wattage shows the 5687 is just additional weight and gearing, even the 5690 was mainly developed for thermal dynamics and the larger/longer shaft diameter to accommodate 30lb RC drivetrains.

So for a 6S sized Arrma RC just go with the new Hobbywing G2 Max6 G2 4990 1650KV Combo ?

The old Fireteam electronics can obviously go to something else.

What stick on wheel weights are y’all using?

So for a 6S sized Arrma RC just go with the new Hobbywing G2 Max6 G2 4990 1650KV Combo ?

The old Fireteam electronics can obviously go to something else.
The new G2 system is perfect for any 1/8 scale 6S rig…..be it Arrma, traxxas or team corrally.

Back