Firma 1250kv in Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Breeze

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I hope that everyone's well today. My question is a bit winded, I apologize: I got a Firma 1250kv motor off of a friend, and I have a Kraton searching for a bit more power. It's a casual speed car with a Toro 150 amp ESC, stock motor and everything else, 21/50 gearing, with GRP buggy tires on 6s. Okay, so, will that Firma pair well with a Hobbywing Max6 on 6s and sometimes/rarely 8s? I think that I'll have to tune the diffs at some point and tinker with gearing, but I have confirmed that the motor fits great and am looking for a nice plug-n-play (sorta) solution to power that motor. Any feedback or experience with this combo is greatly appreciated by me.
-Regards, C-Breeze

Seems like a decent setup. Give it a try. With a low kv motor you may have to gear it up a bit more, running a 1250kv on 6s. But in theory your setup should run fairly cool and efficient. That 1250 is all torque. Taller gearing will make up for the lower RPM speed hit.
Remember, in general you volt up gear down and vice versa. That motor needs more volts as its an 8s motor, so you will probably gear UP because you are Volting that motor down from its max spec. (perfectly fine IMHO)
Test your current setup and see if/or how large a pinion you will want to try next, if at all. Watch your ESC temps and Punch settings to compensate for any high temps. (Fans!!!)
Others may chime in with their ideas.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
Yup no problem. Obviously watch temps. Esc may need a little help staying cool

Cool, thanks everyone for the replies. That is a good point regarding voltage, I honestly didn't consider that formula. But, when I get that ESC I'll see what I can do in regards to gearing and thankfully I have a thermometer that seems to be accurate, so I'll pop the Max6 in and try it out with some of the gears I have now and see where to go from there. And I'll also research fan upgrades for the Max6 to help it stay cooler....sounds like something of a plan, thanks again.

Back