Typhon Firma Smart ESC settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmike214

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
Hello, I have recently purchased a TLR tuned Typhon RTR that includes the 150 amp smart ESC. What I am confused about is in the manual that comes with the vehicle. It shows that these are the settings.
C960B773-6992-48BD-81FF-01310FFC2152.jpeg

But the manual that you get when you purchase the ESC these are the setting options
4FBBD0E6-599C-42E7-B7B2-2C10FD695064.jpeg

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, I have recently purchased a TLR tuned Typhon RTR that includes the 150 amp smart ESC. What I am confused about is in the manual that comes with the vehicle. It shows that these are the settings. View attachment 272420

But the manual that you get when you purchase the ESC these are the setting options
View attachment 272421

Would Highly recommend investing in the programming card.. Makes ALL the settings Much Easier to access/see and quicker to adjust 👍

Without any doubts of -if you set them correctly or not.

Would Highly recommend investing in the programming card.. Makes ALL the settings Much Easier to access/see and quicker to adjust 👍

to add to this, the programming card allows you to update the firmware of the ESC allowing you to achieve either of the above mentioned settings or more.

If you use the setup button to enter programming mode and then cycle through the menu options, how many are there? if there are 8, then i would use included manual as your guide. if there are 11 options, then I would use the other manual you found. If there are 9 or 10...? Buy a programming card? :unsure:

If you use the setup button to enter programming mode and then cycle through the menu options, how many are there? if there are 8, then i would use included manual as your guide. if there are 11 options, then I would use the other manual you found. If there are 9 or 10...? Buy a programming card? :unsure:
I would swear there were unlimited options in my Vorteks if I've done it through the ESC beeping :ROFLMAO:

to add to this, the programming card allows you to update the firmware of the ESC allowing you to achieve either of the above mentioned settings or more.
Thank you!
I know it’s pricy at 30 bucks, but it’s also a useful lipo tester and cell checker. So it’s not so bad. They work great also. Mine is well over 2 years old (got it used even) and still working good.
Thank you!

Thank you! I will look into getting one.
To answer your question directly, the ESC included with a car has different firmware and settings than an ESC that is purchased standalone. That’s why your two pictures are different.
Thank you
Thank you

Last edited:
Yes, get the programmer for Spektrum ESC, they are locked and others will not work or learn how to count beeps.
99% sure that you will not change settings and firmware update is not needed, you have the latest installed.

I'd get that box for convenience and just making sure that the timing is in the 15 range, not the 22 or higher crazy setting.

The 22.5 will kill your ESC or motor quickly, too much heat.

I have the Arrma Typhon ready to race TLR tuned version, and I purchased the programming box for the sole purpose of being able to set drag break and unlock features that are accessible if I was to buy this very same ESC all by itself. After going through all the firmware updates (both the ESC and the programmer had newest firmware and everything and still do not have drag brake under advance settings or other advanced setting. All I have is reverse force, punch, and timing. (basically the same stuff I had access to without the programmer card ) Does anyone know how to get to the other options such as the drag brake force ect that is listed in the 150 a ESC manual?
To answer your question directly, the ESC included with a car has different firmware and settings than an ESC that is purchased standalone. That’s why your two pictures are different.
I purchased the programming box for the sole purpose of being able to set drag break and unlock features that are accessible if I was to buy this very same ESC all by itself. After going through all the firmware updates (both the ESC and the programmer had newest firmware and everything and still do not have drag brake under advance settings or other advanced setting. All I have is reverse force, punch, and timing. (basically the same stuff I had access to without the programmer card ) Does anyone know how to get to the other options such as the drag brake force ect that is listed in the 150 a ESC manual?

I have the Arrma Typhon ready to race TLR tuned version, and I purchased the programming box for the sole purpose of being able to set drag break and unlock features that are accessible if I was to buy this very same ESC all by itself. After going through all the firmware updates (both the ESC and the programmer had newest firmware and everything and still do not have drag brake under advance settings or other advanced setting. All I have is reverse force, punch, and timing. (basically the same stuff I had access to without the programmer card ) Does anyone know how to get to the other options such as the drag brake force ect that is listed in the 150 a ESC manual?

I purchased the programming box for the sole purpose of being able to set drag break and unlock features that are accessible if I was to buy this very same ESC all by itself. After going through all the firmware updates (both the ESC and the programmer had newest firmware and everything and still do not have drag brake under advance settings or other advanced setting. All I have is reverse force, punch, and timing. (basically the same stuff I had access to without the programmer card ) Does anyone know how to get to the other options such as the drag brake force ect that is listed in the 150 a ESC manual?
Hmmm,
I wonder whether they just removed that particular firmware? So you actually couldnt get it?
Id also get in touch with them asap to see what they say.

That is correct. It was not on the screen as an option at all. (like it wasn’t even grayed out or anything I just was not there whatsoever)

Hello, I have recently purchased a TLR tuned Typhon RTR that includes the 150 amp smart ESC. What I am confused about is in the manual that comes with the vehicle. It shows that these are the settings. View attachment 272420

View attachment 272421
Update
According to Horisont hobbies, the image that shows drag brake and other options are not on their website so they say that the ESC does not come with it. Weird, because other sites have it listed.

Update
According to Horisont hobbies, the image that shows drag brake and other options are not on their website so they say that the ESC does not come with it. Weird, because other sites have it listed.
They re trying to escape and you can also go to Spektrum, since its a Spektrum product :/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back