Typhon Typhon 6s servo issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMahon1224

Reaction score
I've got a typhon 6s v5. The issue is it will turn slightly left but nothing right. Bought new servo and same issue. With no power to the esc I can manually move the wheels left and right but when the esc is in I cannot move the wheels by hand. No binding g in the servo saver and the new servo does the same thing. I tried to trouble shoot it on here but I havnt had much luck.

This I realize is a dumb question but I'll ask it anyways, is your bellcrank centered when your wheels are pointed forward?

This I realize is a dumb question but I'll ask it anyways, is your bellcrank centered when your wheels are pointed forward?
Yes. It's pointed forward. It worked fine one day them wouldn't turn. Swapped the servo, it centered and still no movement in the one direction.

I've got a typhon 6s v5. The issue is it will turn slightly left but nothing right. Bought new servo and same issue. With no power to the esc I can manually move the wheels left and right but when the esc is in I cannot move the wheels by hand. No binding g in the servo saver and the new servo does the same thing. I tried to trouble shoot it on here but I havnt had much luck.
Not sure what you. have ruled out already.... 1. Check to see Pillow Balls are not binding / too tight and adjusted properly.... 2. End points should be adjusted properly on the transmitter (a new servo will need this badly).... 3. Make sure your Dual Rate is dialed up on the controller.... 4. Servo Saver may not be binding but is it too loose?.... if so there are a few possible methods for tightening it up; spring shims, new adjustable saver, aluminum bell crank, stronger spring.

My Outcast 6s had giant tires and almost no ability to turn at speed. I installed a new adjustable servo saver with an aluminum bell crank and stronger spring. Now it turns on a dime.

Reset the transmitter. Throttle to 100%, trims centered, and “Hold full left and full brake while powering the transmitter ON to put the transmitter into programming mode. The LED will flash 4 times, then turns OFF to indicate factory reset. 2. Release the wheel and throttle trigger back to neutral and the LED will illuminate to indicate factory reset is complete.” as per reset instructions.

You could also set the servo end points. Sorry for the long video, but I also explain why it’s needed. It’s only 5 minutes long, but hopefully it helps:

Last edited:
Yes. It's pointed forward. It worked fine one day them wouldn't turn. Swapped the servo, it centered and still no movement in the one direction
Reset the transmitter. Throttle to 100%, trims centered, and “Hold full left and full brake while powering the transmitter ON to put the transmitter into programming mode. The LED will flash 4 times, then turns OFF to indicate factory reset. 2. Release the wheel and throttle trigger back to neutral and the LED will illuminate to indicate factory reset is complete.” as per reset instructions.

You could also set the servo end points. Sorry for the long video, but I also explain why it’s needed. It’s only 5 minutes long, but hopefully it helps:
I believe the reset worked. Tried it quick before work with the electronics out if the car.

Sounds like you've taken some basic troubleshooting steps already. Instead of throwing money/parts at the problem, continue your troubleshooting process to determine exactly what is causing the issue.

Based on what you've described so far, my next step would be to see if the servo turns left/right while just connected to the receiver (not hooked up to the steering linkages on the car itself). Maybe install a servo horn so you can more easily see how far the servo is rotating in each direction. If the servo functions as expected, then the problem is something mechanical on your rig, perhaps the servo saver as suggested above.

If the servo does not function as expected (assuming you test both the old and new servos), then the problem is likely something with your transmitter settings (calibrating, setting endpoints), or something else along those lines.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back