First real upgrades to the USA-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Finally got around to working on the USA-1 last night. I got the front axle set up with servo on axle steering, using a Vitavon kit. Also added their suspension link kit.

This morning I tackled the rear axle. I bought another Vitavon kit, knowing it wouldn’t work, with intentions of modifying it. It took some dremel work, and some minor changes to a few things, but I got it working.

I know Kyosho makes a kit, but it makes it 4ws all the time. Also the stock steering linkage in this truck is way way over-engineered, and there’s notable torque loss in that setup. Now it’s in a pile on the bench lol.

IMG_1646.jpeg

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_1648.jpeg

Finally got around to working on the USA-1 last night. I got the front axle set up with servo on axle steering, using a Vitavon kit. Also added their suspension link kit.

This morning I tackled the rear axle. I bought another Vitavon kit, knowing it wouldn’t work, with intentions of modifying it. It took some dremel work, and some minor changes to a few things, but I got it working.

I know Kyosho makes a kit, but it makes it 4ws all the time. Also the stock steering linkage in this truck is way way over-engineered, and there’s notable torque loss in that setup. Now it’s in a pile on the bench lol.

View attachment 338251

I installed the vitavon steering kit on my USA-1 and it was a little frustrating. The panhard bar fouled the servo arm, so I had to add 1.5-2cm worth of shims to the upper panhard bar mounting location to move the bar forward. So now it clears the servo horn, but just barely. I wanted to add a Treal Servo Saver (like this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/treal-...CVoIVk7_6TyRed2ryjGPiDeUgkrocjlRoCLUoQAvD_BwE) but there's no room at all.

It all sort of works for now... I baby the truck a bit (don't understand how the Youtubers are hucking this truck - it is not an Arrma - do they just hide many hours of maintenance behind the scenes?). I tolerate it because it looks absolutely gorgeous bouncing across the terrain at moderate speeds (say 30ish) and even though it is quirky and sometimes fragile, it is, strangely, fun to drive. I had to dump another 300-400 bucks into it to make it reliable but now that's done, and it works well enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back