Weight differences are VERY Real !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Building up a Typhon years back and running it had always thought yea it is a bit portly ... but it is what it is ;)
Then recently building a Kraton from the ground up was thinking during build it is not so different and perhaps may end up a couple pounds heavier :rolleyes:

WRONG !!!! A Kraton even tho near identical in running gear & base parts ... longer drive shafts, Arms, shocks, wheels etc do add up to a lot more weight !

Pic #1 Typhon with a 3s 5400 100c installed & ready to go ...
Pic #2 Kraton with two 2S 5000 50c installed & ready to go ...

x.jpg

x.jpg

Not sure what you’re getting at, but for the proper sake of comparison you should weigh them without the batteries.
Also, a little extra weight never hurt anything here, as even the RTR’s are pretty overpowered on 6s. The only time the extra mass really seems to hurt is in a crash. These things carry a lot of inertia, and going from 60 to 0 on a curb or a pole wreaks serious damage.

Not sure what you’re getting at, but for the proper sake of comparison you should weigh them without the batteries.
Also, a little extra weight never hurt anything here, as even the RTR’s are pretty overpowered on 6s. The only time the extra mass really seems to hurt is in a crash. These things carry a lot of inertia, and going from 60 to 0 on a curb or a pole wreaks serious damage.
Just observation ... getting at nothing :rolleyes:

Tho said ... I seldom run on the street leaving the death by deceleration to the trees & natural obstacles.
High speed tumbles indeed jack stuff up !!!

Last edited:
Would like to see the weight diff without tires and batts. I am betting most of the weight comes from the bigger tires on the Kraton.
And from two batteries vs. one battery. I would also like to see the comparison, since both are heavily modded.

Back