Fireteam First time changing diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been out 3 times since I finished my FT I’m running 60/500/30 and it’s perfect for the weight of the vehicle. I can wheelie if I want to but it’s controllable. I’m going to try the Magen shims.

View attachment 263642

View attachment 263643
I wish you’d stop posting pics of the internals of your FT. I get jealous every time I see it! :ROFLMAO:

I wish you’d stop posting pics of the internals of your FT. I get jealous every time I see it! :ROFLMAO:
I’m building the ultimate send 🚀 it rig next. I’m taking the kraton I bought with the M2C ultimate beef cake kit and tearing it apart and rebuilding it or I was thinking of putting it on a Mojave chassis. Not sure 🤔 yet. I still can’t believe I got it for that cheap!

26B4E2D4-AC57-4297-93A3-1E5F22087C07.jpeg

I’m building the ultimate send 🚀 it rig next. I’m taking the kraton I bought with the M2C ultimate beef cake kit and tearing it apart and rebuilding it or I was thinking of putting it on a Mojave chassis. Not sure 🤔 yet. I still can’t believe I got it for that cheap!

View attachment 263674
Yeah getting the FT for 4 $bill$, makes you want to slam it with all the M2C goodies out the box, no doubt. My wallet says the same.(y)
300-500k is a good middle. I always go a little heavier in the front. Not sure it makes that much difference. It’s nice they give you the aluminum case in the center on the fireteam.
Either match the F and R diff oils (like stock is matched) or make the front diff oil thicker. Better.
Rear being thicker will make you Understeer/ Push. Harder to drive.
I generally like my front diff oil aprox. double that of the rear. Give or take.
This with all of my 6s "Open Diff" Off-road rigs.
Best for bashing purposes. Just not with slower technical Track driving however.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back