Fleet: Zero to Five in Ten Months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMDUK

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Just added a Typhon TLR to my fleet; it arrived yesterday.

All of these have arrived since March 2023. o_O

The Tamiya Falcon is an eBay purchase - it's the first RC car I owned back when I was in school (probably 36 years ago); I remember the excitement of waiting to start building in on my birthday!

The Kraton 6s is heavily modded (inc. Castle MMX8s and EXB chassis etc); the TRX4-M Defender is fully loaded with upgrades and brass. Upgrade plans for the K8s and the Typhon are in the works!

My thanks to everyone on the Arrma Forum for helping (either directly or indirectly) through your posts, experience and humour!

David

1702812110854.png

1702812138420.png

I am hooked. Any thoughts on the Mojave, 4s? No room here for the 6s. But I do like the Stunt truck, Notorious as well. I own a Sledge, and Hoss. Any thoughts?

I am hooked. Any thoughts on the Mojave, 4s? No room here for the 6s. But I do like the Stunt truck, Notorious as well. I own a Sledge, and Hoss. Any thoughts?

Well you are asking the wrong person to choose between a Mojave and the Notorious as I despise short course trucks, I hate the way they drive, I hate the way they handle, their lack of in air control when jumping, the look of the bodies and the way the bodies sound like someone driving around a plastic waste bin on top of their car, so I say MT410 V1.

Last edited:
Well you are asking the wrong person to choose between a Mojave and the Notorious as I despise short course trucks, I hate the way they drive, I hate the way they handle, their lack of in air control when jumping, the look of the bodies and the way the bodies sound like someone driving around a plastic waste bin on top of their car, so I say MT410 V1.
I did ask the wrong person. But at least you don't bull 🚫 around. Thanks for your opinion. 🚹

Last edited:

The Tamiya Falcon is an eBay purchase - it's the first RC car I owned back when I was in school (probably 36 years ago); I remember the excitement of waiting to start building in on my birthday!

The Kraton 6s is heavily modded (inc. Castle MMX8s and EXB chassis etc); the TRX4-M Defender is fully loaded with upgrades and brass. Upgrade plans for the K8s and the Typhon are in the works!

My thanks to everyone on the Arrma Forum for helping (either directly or indirectly) through your posts, experience and humour!

David

View attachment 337411

View attachment 337412
Do you have a favorite?

Hmm, not sure.
The K6 is great fun, especially with the Castle MMX8s and Motor. But the K8 is a beast, slower and heavier but a different type of fun!
I haven't managed to take the Typhon out for a run yet (work commitments) but I'm already planning its upgrades.
Damn, I didn’t realize the K8 was that much bigger than the K6. 😮
When I was looking to buy the K8, I tired to find a clear size comparison photo but couldn't. It's much bigger and that makes it handle very differently - but also it makes maintenance much more difficult (especially if you have limited space).

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure.
The K6 is great fun, especially with the Castle MMX8s and Motor. But the K8 is a beast, slower and heavier but a different type of fun!
I haven't managed to take the Typhon out for a run yet (work commitments) but I'm already planning its upgrades.

When I was looking to buy the K8, I tired to find a clear size comparison photo but couldn't. It's much bigger and that makes it handle very differently - but also it makes maintenance much more difficult (especially if you have limited space).

I find that when it comes to maintenance the Traxxas 1/10 scale 2wd stuff is about the easiest to maintain. You can completely tear them apart and put them back together in about an hour or so. The worst is still a tossup between the 1/10 scale Summit or the 1/16 scale Summit.

David

View attachment 337411

View attachment 337412
Nice well rounded collection there(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back