After 6 months of waiting, ITS GOOD NEWS!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Had a follow up MRI on my brain tumor to see what is going on. ITS STABLE!!! Since its not cancerous, no growth means no need for brain surgery or gamma radiation treatment! Still a small chance that could happen in the future and I have to go for another check in 1 year, but the doctor said most of the time when growth stops it does not grow any more. I'll have an annual MRI for 3 years, if no growth after that another MRI 5 years later and if still no growth, then no more MRIs.

Unfortunately the partial hearing loss and ringing in my left ear is permanent and that sucks. But if I would have had to have brain surgery or radiation the doc said I had a high chance of full hearing loss on the left side due to the location of the tumor. Its possible that I will lose it anyway because the tumor is attached to the hearing nerve, but if that happens it will be a very slow gradual process that is much easier to adjust to than losing it all at once.

Just wanted to share the great news and thank everyone that saw my initial posts about it for the kind words of encouragement.

Fast And Furious Dom GIF by The Fast Saga

Had a follow up MRI on my brain tumor to see what is going on. ITS STABLE!!! Since its not cancerous, no growth means no need for brain surgery or gamma radiation treatment!

Best news I've heard all year. So glad to hear this @sumguy75

Had a follow up MRI on my brain tumor to see what is going on. ITS STABLE!!! Since its not cancerous, no growth means no need for brain surgery or gamma radiation treatment! Still a small chance that could happen in the future and I have to go for another check in 1 year, but the doctor said most of the time when growth stops it does not grow any more. I'll have an annual MRI for 3 years, if no growth after that another MRI 5 years later and if still no growth, then no more MRIs.

Unfortunately the partial hearing loss and ringing in my left ear is permanent and that sucks. But if I would have had to have brain surgery or radiation the doc said I had a high chance of full hearing loss on the left side due to the location of the tumor. Its possible that I will lose it anyway because the tumor is attached to the hearing nerve, but if that happens it will be a very slow gradual process that is much easier to adjust to than losing it all at once.

Just wanted to share the great news and thank everyone that saw my initial posts about it for the kind words of encouragement.

Fast And Furious Dom GIF by The Fast Saga
Great news, man! Very happy for you. I have a dissected carotid artery just beneath my brain. It caused multiple strokes. It's solidified now and 100% occluded. My body has used smaller blood vessels around the area to re-route the blood to my brain. It's called collateral blood flow. Amazing how our bodies can find ways to fix things. I need a CT every 5 years but I am still kicking. It's good to be alive. Glad you are here with us! 🤘

That's great news, my mom has a brain tumor right at the base of her brain stem that is wrapped around her spinal column.

Because of the location it is inoperable. But she did the gamma treatments which helped shrink the tumor enough not to cut off the blood flow to her spine. She had to go back every few years to get another gamma burst ( I called her the hulk) but she is good now.

Thought I would mention it Because if for some reason in the future a gamma treatment becomes necessary, it does work. 👍 Glad to hear you are good. :)

Back