Huge fleet reduction sale happening now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
That's right, Noto J is thinning the fleet, finally. Not exiting the hobby or anything like that, but definitely narrowing down to just a few select vehicles. I'm keeping the Notorious (obviously), a Typhon, and the Limitless. Everything else will be sold and make room for one, high end, rc crawler. The time and energy I've spent over the past 7 years buying, wrecking, replacing and promoting rc was fun, but it got way out of hand and now it's time to slow down. Gonna put some emphasis on crawling, as that's been a lot of fun lately. Up for sale are a Kraton EXB 6s, Fireteam, Vendetta, Granite, two Typhon 3s, Tamiya F350 high-lift, Redcat Ground Pounder and possibly my Redcat Everest 10. Hoping to sell local, but figured I'd give the Forum crew a chance to have a look and see if anything lights a fire.

Good luck! Feels like I'm in a similar place. Been out crawling a lot more the last few weeks. When I first started crawling it was just ok, something different. The more I do it, the more I like it to the point its a toss up to which I prefer between crawling and bashing. Really loving how little wrench a crawler needs, I've been at it a year and only had to replace 1 stock esc (my fault), a drive shaft and a servo. Definitely more budget friendly and more time outdoors/less time wrenching. Do you know which crawler you want yet or looking at options?

When I first saw the Fireteam on FB yesterday, I was positive that it wouldn’t stay available for more than 24 hours. Hope you found her a good home 👌🏻

Got pics/details on the GP?

I want to thin my fleet too but then I think about trying to sell em and it sounds like a nightmare :eek: :eek:

Can you even list your entire fleet off from memory or do you have to look at a database?

I’ve had decent luck selling a few of mine recently on eBay. Just have to be willing to stomach the stupid fees.

Can you even list your entire fleet off from memory or do you have to look at a database?

I’ve had decent luck selling a few of mine recently on eBay. Just have to be willing to stomach the stupid fees.
I think I can list most of them but definitely not all. Man those ebay fee's are no joke! do you have better luck there over posting them here? I bet places like offer up are rough as well.

I think I can list most of them but definitely not all. Man those ebay fee's are no joke! do you have better luck there over posting them here? I bet places like offer up are rough as well.

Everything I’ve sold hobby related I’ve had better luck on eBay. Arrmaforum is great with a lot of great members, but it’s such a small corner of the community, eBay easily gets way more eyes on listings.

How do you guys get around the ridiculous cost of shipping for these rigs when selling on ebay. The fees and shipping ate up a very large portion of my profit the 2 times I did sell on ebay. And to make matters even worse, the winning bidder for a Senton I sold was in freakin ALASKA! 🤬

I've done okay on ebay. Its best to already have measurements from a box that it will fit in along with the total weight, that way you can set it for the buyer to pay for shipping. Its important to use the smallest container possible, that keeps shipping fees lower so bidders will bid higher than if shipping was expensive. I sold my Typhon 3s for $265 on auction and buyer paid for shipping, my payout from ebay was $225. I had a few modest upgrades and an extra body so I was happy with that.

I've done okay on ebay. Its best to already have measurements from a box that it will fit in along with the total weight, that way you can set it for the buyer to pay for shipping. Its important to use the smallest container possible, that keeps shipping fees lower so bidders will bid higher than if shipping was expensive. I sold my Typhon 3s for $265 on auction and buyer paid for shipping, my payout from ebay was $225. I had a few modest upgrades and an extra body so I was happy with that.
Great advice, thanks (y)

You have a Typhon 3s that you don't like correct? How much would you want for that? Got a buddy looking for one.
Used as is with iirc 6s spektrum electronics in it and upgraded diffs/bulkhead I'd probably let it go for like 200 but it sure aint a looker :ROFLMAO:

Good luck! Feels like I'm in a similar place. Been out crawling a lot more the last few weeks. When I first started crawling it was just ok, something different. The more I do it, the more I like it to the point its a toss up to which I prefer between crawling and bashing. Really loving how little wrench a crawler needs, I've been at it a year and only had to replace 1 stock esc (my fault), a drive shaft and a servo. Definitely more budget friendly and more time outdoors/less time wrenching. Do you know which crawler you want yet or looking at options?
Great question. I've been asking some of the experienced Instagram crawler guys, and opinions very. More comp style might be a Vanquish, more scale style possibly a TRX or Element. I don't see myself being a serious club style crawler guy, but I do enjoy the times I'm out there now with my Redcat Everest 10. Just want to take it up a notch for now.
I want to thin my fleet too but then I think about trying to sell em and it sounds like a nightmare :eek: :eek:
I've posted on Facebook, Instagram and Kijiji. If that doesn't pan out, I'll consign them to a local hobby shop and let them get a cut. Fireteam was easy since I sold it for half of what it costs to buy a new one, but for the same money I paid for it.
When I first saw the Fireteam on FB yesterday, I was positive that it wouldn’t stay available for more than 24 hours. Hope you found her a good home 👌🏻

Got pics/details on the GP?
The Fireteam went to someone I know from my LMT days. He wants to build it like a rock racer. He makes custom zoomies out of copper for the LMT crowd (LineDrive Rc) and happens to live just outside Toronto. I'll get some details on the GP soon. It wasn't running when I got it and it has no body. The guy did some mods, but not well. I thought if get a kick out of it once I got it going, but I shelfed it almost right away.
@Notorious J What crawler do you have in mind?
Open to suggestions from those who know. Too many options is the problem. Definitely 10th scale, but not sure if I want pure agility, or more scale. Best of both worlds perhaps?
Oh no. @Notorious J is getting out of the hobby!
Don't worry @WoodiE, I'm not going anywhere. Just maturing a bit as I approach 55, and realize I don't have the time, energy or will to dispense the money it takes to keep up such an extensive bashing fleet. I'll still have three Arrmas when it's all said and done. You can't get rid of me that easy😉

Last edited:
I've got the TRX4 Sport and Element Ecto and like them both. The Ecto is very capable stock, it can keep up with my TRX4 which has a few upgrades.
That's two votes for the Ecto. Element definitely makes nice crawlers

Back