Flex carbon fiber Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
This is Goop (ie. shoe goo) with carbon fiber fabric instead of drywall fiberglass. So it's not normal brittle carbon fiber. Couldn't get it bubble free, but still think it looks pretty cool. Now to see if it holds up or peels off the shell and looks like one giant bubble. I have some Red Bull racing stickers coming i'll probably put on - maybe cover some of the blemished spots. And for those who say 3s and Mega bodies are the same - they are not. But the Mega fits the 3s fine anyway.

IMG_0128.JPEG
IMG_0129.JPEG
IMG_0125.JPEG
IMG_0130.JPEG
IMG_0127.JPEG

This is Goop (ie. shoe goo) with carbon fiber fabric instead of drywall fiberglass. So it's not normal brittle carbon fiber. Couldn't get it bubble free, but still think it looks pretty cool. Now to see if it holds up or peels off the shell and looks like one giant bubble. I have some Red Bull racing stickers coming i'll probably put on - maybe cover some of the blemished spots. And for those who say 3s and Mega bodies are the same - they are not. But the Mega fits the 3s fine anyway.

View attachment 233003View attachment 233004View attachment 233005View attachment 233006View attachment 233007
I think it looks awesome. However I think it won’t be as durable without resin. Have you considered some?

I think it looks awesome. However I think it won’t be as durable without resin. Have you considered some?
Definitely you're right - I don't think it's any stronger than the standard fiberglass tape and shoo goo (maybe a tiny bit). But nowhere near like having real 'carbon fiber'. I did think of trying that, but tend to think CF is too brittle for a basher. It was purely for aesthetics. I got a clear body and was going to try custom painting, but with the granite I really need the shoo goo treatment and didn't feel confident about how it would work with custom paint. So figured I'd try this on the clear body unpainted.
It is definitely a pain in the butt compared to the drywall tape, but if it holds up OK, I think the look is worth it.

Definitely you're right - I don't think it's any stronger than the standard fiberglass tape and shoo goo (maybe a tiny bit). But nowhere near like having real 'carbon fiber'. I did think of trying that, but tend to think CF is too brittle for a basher. It was purely for aesthetics. I got a clear body and was going to try custom painting, but with the granite I really need the shoo goo treatment and didn't feel confident about how it would work with custom paint. So figured I'd try this on the clear body unpainted.
It is definitely a pain in the butt compared to the drywall tape, but if it holds up OK, I think the look is worth it.
Oh yeah I love the look too. I’ve tried to get myself to do something similar but just haven’t had time lately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back