Flopack cap pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
My ripple killer died so I’m looking for a new cap pack for my serpent. Anyone use these flopacks? They look decent. I was watching a video and the “power pack” was actually able to run the fans and turn the motor for a couple of seconds. Wonder why more people here don’t use them??

It usually comes down to personal preference etc with many RC products. I like to make my own parts where I can, so I always have with the cap packs.

FloPacks seems to make a quality product with top-notch capacitors. I am sure the product would work great for you.

After shopping a bit and getting recommendations, I went with Ripple Killers. FloPacks have a good rep as well, but $$$.
Some have also had good luck with Kill Mode packs.

I ordered a flopack just to mix it up.

Wondering what caused the ripple killer to die….

I installed the Flopack 5 pack last night and it works great. Fwiw, with the ripple killer my ripple was 1.3

With the Flopack it’s running at 1 v

I installed the Flopack 5 pack last night and it works great. Fwiw, with the ripple killer my ripple was 1.3

With the Flopack it’s running at 1 v
Interesting, I also decided to try flopack out.
Been having esc issues and big spikes so hopefully this will help. As person he seems kinda crass but i hear his products are pretty good. If the product is good is all i care about

No complaints with flopack
Did you get the 5 pack or the power pack?
I emailed him and he said the power pack was mainly for the drag scene. I saw a video with the power pack and it could actually power the servo and motor for a few secs….

No complaints with flopack
Did you get the 5 pack or the power pack?
I emailed him and he said the power pack was mainly for the drag scene. I saw a video with the power pack and it could actually power the servo and motor for a few secs….
I got the big boy. 8s monster pack. Figured overkill was the only way to go. I blow up esc low cell speedrunning pulling Hella amps so hopefully this will help them run more efficiently and take the ripple stress off em

I ordered a flopack just to mix it up.

Wondering what caused the ripple killer to die….
Caps just wear out. Is what it is. They get super hot. Don't last forever after numerous cycling. A thing. Your mileage will vary. Been there.
I build my own cap packs.
I think all 3 brands are well known, buy whatever floats your boat. I would buy the largest one that will feasibly fit your model. One that "Doubles" the Mains Voltage output of your power source. The Lipo(s).

i'm really curious about the "powerpack" since it can actually power the servo and motor for a couple of secs. seems like that really minimize voltage sag during speed running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back