Front bumper skid plate recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2thVet

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Voltage
Any recommendations for a more durable front bumper for the 8S, as I already managed to break a corner off the stock bumper? Probably should upgrade the skid plate while I'm at it too, thoughts?

Any recommendations for a more durable front bumper for the 8S, as I already managed to break a corner off the stock bumper? Probably should upgrade the skid plate while I'm at it too, thoughts?
Check out @Megasty franken bumper creation.

@Megasty and @RC DUDE81 81 both had to fabricate their own. Little early from time of release for new plastic upgrades to hit the market. Check both their YouTube channels to see what they configured.

No one so you need to make your own for now. I’m not crazy about how when the bumper brakes the suspension pins fly out...hopefully there will be someone producing an aluminum captivating hinge pin holder and then a bumper/skid can be mounted same as the 6s.

So I did have it wrong on @Megasty being the only one that had made one. @Notorious J taking it easy on the new guy. Am I correct in my recall one was made by RPM for the 6s? Was it a quality one? Did anyone else make one? Lastly in my slew of questions: anyone have a rough time frame on the V1 release to bumper creation as I can’t but imagine will continue to be people asking about bumpers.

So I did have it wrong on @Megasty being the only one that had made one. @Notorious J taking it easy on the new guy. Am I correct in my recall one was made by RPM for the 6s? Was it a quality one? Did anyone else make one? Lastly in my slew of questions: anyone have a rough time frame on the V1 release to bumper creation as I can’t but imagine will continue to be people asking about bumpers.
@RC DUDE81 made his by modifying a part from a Mojave. RPM makes a great 6s version but there are also offerings from @T-Bone Racing. RPM will likely have upgraded arms, as they seem to be the industry standard in that department. My guess is that T Bone will probably have the first production offering for new K8S plastic parts. Many are on the fence with regards to their 3s, 4s and 6s offerings, but they offer a lifetime warranty and have put more focus on Arrma than any other company, when it comes to plastic parts. Check their website out and send them a message.

Just got an email back from Tbone Racing and they told me they are developing the Kraton 8s parts as we speak.

that happened to me as well, when I got the replacement parts I had to realise there are 2 front bumpers - one the one you broke that comes preinstalled and another one, smaller which looks like the stock bumper when you knock the corners off - I guess you are good to go with the stock/broken one for a moment as its just excess material that broke off I'd say

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back