Talion Front Dogbones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetrein

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Is anyone else having an issue with front dogbones bending badly every so often? It seems like I bend the same side over and over again (4x now). Wheel alignment / camber seems to be identical on both sides, so I don't know why one side is having the issue repeatedly.

I have the spacers removed btw. I was sick of random dogbone pop-outs.

20200820_193246.jpg

I bend them from time to time but it’s always on a bad landing. Sometimes I break that arm and sometimes I get lucky and just bend the dogbone.

I've had a few bad landings, but these things are constantly bending. I need to invest in a vise :poop:

Is anyone else having an issue with front dogbones bending badly every so often? It seems like I bend the same side over and over again (4x now). Wheel alignment / camber seems to be identical on both sides, so I don't know why one side is having the issue repeatedly.

View attachment 95484
Maybe they are deflecting too much from your arms going too low? Have you tried adjusting your ride height up a few mm on the front? My Kraton was adjusted to exactly the same height and the shocks themselves which I think is why I was seeing a wear spot like you... it's not getting worse since adjusting... definitely haven't bent it yet but maybe I caught the issue before it was an issue?

View attachment 95484
Do you have any mods? RPM arms?

Maybe they are deflecting too much from your arms going too low? Have you tried adjusting your ride height up a few mm on the front?

I only have maybe 1.25" to 1.5" of travel before the car bottoms out on the chassis currently, which isn't much travel at all.
Do you have any mods? RPM arms?

Yep, RPM arms front and rear. Avid bearings. Hot racing aluminum front hubs. Suspension is stock. Lots of mods under the body but they wouldn't affect the dogbones.

I only have maybe 1.25" to 1.5" of travel before the car bottoms out on the chassis currently, which isn't much travel at all.

Yep, RPM arms front and rear. Avid bearings. Hot racing aluminum front hubs. Suspension is stock. Lots of mods under the body but they wouldn't affect the dogbones.
A lot of RPM owners complain that the arms are too soft and end up bending CVDs/dogbones. Maybe try the EXB arms? ??‍♂️

What arms are you using? I bend them all the time using RPM arms on my m2c rigs. I'm changing over to stiffer exb arms. The rpm arms flex way to much under full compression.

View attachment 95571
Holy jeebus! The stock Kraton arms are quite strong enough, not sure why everyone is so he'll bent on changing the all the time...case in point why NOT to change them ;)

Only thing I've changed on mine is diff fluid, pinion, RPM bumper on the front and back, wheelie bar and added an edf for cooling...otherwise mines all stock. So far, it's holding up really well so again, why would you want to change anything unless it breaks and even then why wouldn't you go back to stock? Maybe it's just the v4 parts that are better or maybe I'm not as tough on my car as you guys but I feel like regularly hitting 20ft jumps is pretty harsh...

Holy jeebus! The stock Kraton arms are quite strong enough, not sure why everyone is so he'll bent on changing the all the time...case in point why NOT to change them ;)

Only thing I've changed on mine is diff fluid, pinion, RPM bumper on the front and back, wheelie bar and added an edf for cooling...otherwise mines all stock. So far, it's holding up really well so again, why would you want to change anything unless it breaks and even then why wouldn't you go back to stock? Maybe it's just the v4 parts that are better or maybe I'm not as tough on my car as you guys but I feel like regularly hitting 20ft jumps is pretty harsh...

I've broken several stock v4 arms. I've broken no rpm arms. But they have caused several bent axles. So far I'm loving the exb arms more.

Storing your cars on an old tire or amazon box will help keep the weight off the arms and they will stay straight longer. Rpm are extra quishy in the summer time.

My rigs are stored on stands. Never with tires on the ground

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back