Talion Front End Shock Stuck and won’t rebound naturally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
Hi Everyone. I just bought my first 1/8th size Truggy the ARRMA Talion. I am completely new so I would appreciate some help.
I was running hard in a field and took a small hop. Nothing big at all and now my Drivers side shock gets stuck. I can manually move it up and down but it does not rebound on its own. The truck has only been driven twice.
The wheel turns and the truck drives straight and fine.

And help to fix my shock and would be greatly appreciated. The only advice I was give. Was to check the shock spacer since it looks like it tightened up. But since I am new I have no clue what I am being told to do.

Thank you all in advance.

439C9681-19AD-42DF-B846-16FB3F8FF1E8.jpeg

E32F115D-DA8B-41E4-AFD9-B38C88A35D15.jpeg

Hi Everyone. I just bought my first 1/8th size Truggy the ARRMA Talion. I am completely new so I would appreciate some help.
I was running hard in a field and took a small hop. Nothing big at all and now my Drivers side shock gets stuck. I can manually move it up and down but it does not rebound on its own. The truck has only been driven twice.
The wheel turns and the truck drives straight and fine.

And help to fix my shock and would be greatly appreciated. The only advice I was give. Was to check the shock spacer since it looks like it tightened up. But since I am new I have no clue what I am being told to do.

Thank you all in advance.

View attachment 282663

View attachment 282664

Your shock shaft could be bent slightly.
Need to remove that shock and manually check for movement, up & down. Make sure it's nice and smooth. No binding.

While you have the shock off, double check your suspension arm movement, Make sure it's also moving smoothly.

Report back on what you find out.

Also, it looks like you have your pre-load collar cranked quite a ways down..
Perhaps you need some of my handy dandy Pre-Load Collars >
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/custom-6s-shock-pre-load-collars.60216/

I have only been into Arrma about 6 months and mostly street bash now so I haven't broken any of their shocks yet, but my first thought, if that was one of my Traxxas cars, would be a bent shock shaft binding as it slides through the bottom of the shock cylinder. Did you tumble, roll, or take a bad hit on that corner/wheel when it 'hopped'??

Your shock shaft could be bent slightly.
Need to remove that shock and manually check for movement, up & down. Make sure it's nice and smooth. No binding.

While you have the shock off, double check your suspension arm movement, Make sure it's also moving smoothly.

Report back on what you find out.
Thank you very much for the quick response. Being new to this it might not be such a quick fix for me but I will definitely let you know what I find out.

Thank you very much for the quick response. Being new to this it might not be such a quick fix for me but I will definitely let you know what I find out.
Before long you will realize that you are spending way more time repairing, upgrading, etc your cars than you actually do running them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with everyone else's responses. Also, the sooner you dive in and start taking things apart and reassembling, the sooner you'll understand how everything works. It will help you diagnose problems in the future much easier. It's also a good idea with a brand new rig to open up all the shocks and diffs to top off fluids, or just refill, because they're often not done properly from the factory. Like fozzy said, be prepared to spend as much time wrenching as driving. Don't be intimidated and good luck! The awesome people in this forum are always willing to help.

I have only been into Arrma about 6 months and mostly street bash now so I haven't broken any of their shocks yet, but my first thought, if that was one of my Traxxas cars, would be a bent shock shaft binding as it slides through the bottom of the shock cylinder. Did you tumble, roll, or take a bad hit on that corner/wheel when it 'hopped'??
I Tumbled about 7-8 times going about 40
I agree with everyone else's responses. Also, the sooner you dive in and start taking things apart and reassembling, the sooner you'll understand how everything works. It will help you diagnose problems in the future much easier. It's also a good idea with a brand new rig to open up all the shocks and diffs to top off fluids, or just refill, because they're often not done properly from the factory. Like fozzy said, be prepared to spend as much time wrenching as driving. Don't be intimidated and good luck! The awesome people in this forum are always willing to help.
Thank you so much for taking the time to break it down. By any chance do you live in or around Monmouth County NJ and want to make up some extra money teaching me. Or maybe you know anybody in my area that would want to teach me.

I know I need to start somewhere so that way I can learn to love all aspects of this hobby.
You take it off yet?
Not yet. Still educating myself on how to do it so I put everything back properly.

Last edited:
I Tumbled about 7-8 times going about 40

Thank you so much for taking the time to break it down. By any chance do you live in or around Monmouth County NJ and want to make up some extra money teaching me. Or maybe you know anybody in my area that would want to teach me.

I know I need to start somewhere so that way I can learn to love all aspects of this hobby.

Not yet. Still educating myself on how to do it so I put everything back properly.
It would be quite a drive for me from SC! I'd recommend spending that money on a set of high quality tools instead, if you haven't already. The basics would be 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 2.5mm hex drivers (I recommend ones made by MIP) They're a little pricey, but they are precision tools that last. Low quality drivers will strip your screw heads when they inevitably begin to wear. Most aren't good to begin with. A pair of shock pliers are very helpful, and cheap ones off Amazon do the job just fine. They allow you to grab stuff you don't wanna scratch, such as shock shafts and shock bodies. The little T wrench that came with your RC is usually all you need for tightening lock nuts. Small bottle of blue loctite, shock and diff oils, general purpose oil and grease, good lighting, a comfortable place to work, and that'll get you started. Having a screen to display and enlarge parts diagrams is a good idea, along with being able to watch YouTube videos. Chances are there's a video showing you how to deal with any issue you encounter in RC.
Regardless of how mechanically inclined you are, I'm certain whatever you take apart, you'll be able to reassemble. Some people use a piece of cardboard to poke the screws into that they've just removed, in a way that helps you remember where they go. It won't take long for what used to seem daunting and complex, to become simple and routine.

For me the hardest part is remembering which screws go back where...🤣 I try to stick them back in where they came from until reassembly.
That's actually a better idea, and what I often do. Keeps em from ending up on the floor too! I sound like Dr Seuss 😂

That's actually a better idea, and what I often do. Keeps em from ending up on the floor too! I sound like Dr Seuss 😂
I try and reassemble what I can depending on the job, but a Ziploc and a sharpy plus the web for the exploded views are usually enough to get me running again.

Sometimes though, when I'm in a hurry, or just not too enthusiastic, my workspace looks like it's been violated by a pack of square dancing donkeys. Tools and screws i didn't even use for the job somehow end up in the pile.
☝🏼 me too 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back