Talion Front End Shock Stuck and won’t rebound naturally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes though, when I'm in a hurry, or just not too enthusiastic, my workspace looks like it's been violated by a pack of square dancing donkeys. Tools and screws i didn't even use for the job somehow end up in the pile.
I have a bag, of multiple bags. of spare screws, from multiple repairs, that I have no idea what to do with......

I have a bag, of multiple bags. of spare screws, from multiple repairs, that I have no idea what to do with......
You gotta have drawers and bags of random stuff. I even have a drawer for broken parts. I guess to remind me of all the hell I've raised over the years. Look at that destruction. I did that.

You gotta have drawers and bags of random stuff. I even have a drawer for broken parts. I guess to remind me of all the hell I've raised over the years. Look at that destruction. I did that.
so true, i have so many take-off parts in tubs that I should never run again..... yet i keep them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your shock shaft could be bent slightly.
Need to remove that shock and manually check for movement, up & down. Make sure it's nice and smooth. No binding.

While you have the shock off, double check your suspension arm movement, Make sure it's also moving smoothly.

Report back on what you find out.

Also, it looks like you have your pre-load collar cranked quite a ways down..
Perhaps you need some of my handy dandy Pre-Load Collars >
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/custom-6s-shock-pre-load-collars.60216/
Tex Koder,
You were right about the Shock Shaft. Definitely bent it up real good. Waiting on replacement part now.

As for the pre load collar: what will be the difference in the shock response with it where it is vs me loosening it up. Thank you for all your help in advance.

Tex Koder,
You were right about the Shock Shaft. Definitely bent it up real good. Waiting on replacement part now.

As for the pre load collar: what will be the difference in the shock response with it where it is vs me loosening it up. Thank you for all your help in advance.
You have the pre-load collar cranked down pretty far, which makes for a firm response. Loosen it up to get more squish and more shock travel and absorbing power, especially if you are bashing.
That cranked down pre-load probably contributed to the bent shaft, as it didn't have much travel in it, so it went to the path of least resistance: sideways.

Tex Koder,

Glad to help.
Good that it was something simple.

Now the waiting begins!

Well my Pre-Load Collars are precisely printed at 10mm increments ,so-
1. You don't have to play the guessing game - try & eyeball it to get them all equal distance on all your shocks.
2. Gives you a bit more adjustment ,in case you needed more preload.
3. Protects the threads of your shocks.
4. Ssssh.. There's no charge for them (at the moment.) 🤫

Last edited:
Glad to help.
Good that it was something simple.

Now the waiting begins!

Well my Pre-Load Collars are precisely printed at 10mm increments ,so-
1. You don't have to play the guessing game - try & eyeball it to get them all equal distance on all your shocks.
2. Gives you a bit more adjustment ,in case you needed more preload.
3. Protects the threads of your shocks.
4. Ssssh.. They're no charge for them (at the moment.) 🤫
Tex,

Thank you again. Tremendous thanks. As for the preload collars, what exactly would I need from you. They sound great, especially for someone new to hobby like myself
You have the pre-load collar cranked down pretty far, which makes for a firm response. Loosen it up to get more squish and more shock travel and absorbing power, especially if you are bashing.
That cranked down pre-load probably contributed to the bent shaft, as it didn't have much travel in it, so it went to the path of least resistance: sideways.
EJ,

Taking a look at the front and rear Pre load collar, what would your recommendation be for me to adjust them.

Attachments

• 31F9CD60-044C-4E0D-9C1E-41417FC71B38.jpeg
    31F9CD60-044C-4E0D-9C1E-41417FC71B38.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 4B7E5F04-3EBA-4865-B8A5-C1FB294D930A.jpeg
    4B7E5F04-3EBA-4865-B8A5-C1FB294D930A.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 29
Tex,

Thank you again. Tremendous thanks. As for the preload collars, what exactly would I need from you. They sound great, especially for someone new to hobby like myself

Just PM me
Let me know what color you like-
Black, Red, Blue or Silver

EJ,

Taking a look at the front and rear Pre load collar, what would your recommendation be for me to adjust them.

I'd suggest you roll the stock collars all the way back up and slip my collars on to see how you like the rebound..

Need to remove that shock and manually check for movement, up & down. Make sure it's nice and smooth. No binding.

While you have the shock off, double check your suspension arm movement, Make sure it's also moving smoothly.

Tex,

What weight shock oil do you recommend?
The manual says 2000cst but I don’t see that lining up with a specific weight. What is the recommended shock oil to use?
Just PM me
Let me know what color you like-
Black, Red, Blue or Silver

I'd suggest you roll the stock collars all the way back up and slip my collars on to see how you like the rebound..
Tex,

I sent you a PM

IvanRC,
The shock springs are the only thing that support the weight of your rig, so the main function of the shock collars is to adjust your ride height (how far the chassis is off the ground) If you compress the springs by tightening the collars, your raise the ride height. Loosening the collars lowers the ride height. When you're setting your ride height, make sure your rig is in "ready to go" mode, meaning your battery is installed, and body is on. You want all the running weight accounted for. Pick your rig up off the table, or ground, about ten inches and drop it. This settles the vehicle. A lot of people tune their ride height so that the driveshafts and A-arms are parallel to the ground in this settled position. As for shock oil weight, you'll see it referred to as "cst" or "wt". You can Google the conversion chart. 60-80 wt oil what I personally recommend for your shocks.

Its more than slightly if it cannot rebound

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back