Granite Front suspension for Granite 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisisMatt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Have stock front springs and shafts, HR shock bodies. Too much weight on the front end for this setup. Can I simply change to stiffer springs? If so any recommendations?Heavier shock oil? (35wt was all I had laying around from other build)

IMG_6669.jpeg

Have stock front springs and shafts, HR shock bodies. Too much weight on the front end for this setup. Can I simply change to stiffer springs? If so any recommendations?Heavier shock oil? (35wt was all I had laying around from other build)

View attachment 319589

Nice looking build!

Should try a bit more spring preload first.. or Add some taller pre-load clip(s) if you don't want to crank down the preload collar.. due to visual appearance.

You can try Tekno springs. I use the orange (which are their truggy springs) on my Sentons which are all 6S. They work pretty well with the stock TLR Typhon shock bodies. They actually have 2 different sizes for the front (TKR6038) and the rear (TKR6033). They're pretty cheap on Amazon and EBay...if they have them in stock. If not go directly to the Tekno site. As you can see on the chart below they offer a lot of options...I would choose by the length you need first then look at the coil number to get an idea of which ones you might need to fit what you're trying to do.

Tekno Spring Chart.png

I saw a guy at the LHS running Typhon shocks on his 4x4, and from what I now understand there are guys running them on this forum as well. You've doubled your sprung weight per wheel, so to start you should multiply your initial rates and weight by the same factor. Keep in mind that increasing the spring-rate in the front of any vehicle will exponentially increase understeer. Start with just a 70wt oil all around, keeping the spring-rate the same but tighting up the front preload. Are you slapping chassis on jumps, or is it sitting too low? That's one fine lookin granite btw, best of luck.

You can try Tekno springs. I use the orange (which are their truggy springs) on my Sentons which are all 6S. They work pretty well with the stock TLR Typhon shock bodies. They actually have 2 different sizes for the front (TKR6038) and the rear (TKR6033). They're pretty cheap on Amazon and EBay...if they have them in stock. If not go directly to the Tekno site. As you can see on the chart below they offer a lot of options...I would choose by the length you need first then look at the coil number to get an idea of which ones you might need to fit what you're trying to do.

View attachment 319597
Thanks! I ordered some Orange ones and see what they do. I staked the preload up and didn't help much.
I saw a guy at the LHS running Typhon shocks on his 4x4, and from what I now understand there are guys running them on this forum as well. You've doubled your sprung weight per wheel, so to start you should multiply your initial rates and weight by the same factor. Keep in mind that increasing the spring-rate in the front of any vehicle will exponentially increase understeer. Start with just a 70wt oil all around, keeping the spring-rate the same but tighting up the front preload. Are you slapping chassis on jumps, or is it sitting too low? That's one fine lookin granite btw, best of luck.
Chassis slap and sits too low. Thanks for the help. Love the detailed insight. I'll start with 70wt and bigger coils and see where that puts me. They felt too light before I even put the batteries in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back