Granite Arrma Granite V2 Longest Possible Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIZARDRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone!

Does anyone off the top of their head know the longest possible suspension I can fit on an Arrma Granite V2? I am turning the car into a long-travel suspension setup. I am running stock drive shafts to all 4 wheels and RPM arms in case that needs to be said. The arms themselves have room to droop more, but I don't have that precise of a tool to measure from shock arm hole to shock tower hole.

Thanks!

It would be very hard to drive with long suspension IMO as the 3s cars don't have sway bars.

I only tried the HR shock bodies which is the easiest change to do as it uses the stock shafts and springs. it gives you about 3-4mm of extra shock length, which gives you about 7-4mm (front/rear) of travel at the wheel, it doesn't sound like a lot, but i wouldnt use much more than this as its already makes the car very hard to handle at high speeds.

Hello everyone!

Does anyone off the top of their head know the longest possible suspension I can fit on an Arrma Granite V2? I am turning the car into a long-travel suspension setup. I am running stock drive shafts to all 4 wheels and RPM arms in case that needs to be said. The arms themselves have room to droop more, but I don't have that precise of a tool to measure from shock arm hole to shock tower hole.

Thanks!

Yes, you can achieve extreme suspension travel IF you totally upgrade/swap out to kraton 4S v2 suspension components.

The amount of money you spend doing that.. might as well just put it into a whole new 6S rig instead.

Yes, you can achieve extreme suspension travel IF you totally upgrade/swap out to kraton 4S v2 suspension components.

The amount of money you spend doing that.. might as well just put it into a whole new 6S rig instead.

I think he means he wants longer shocks, not arms?
I've set rc up with longer shocks and softer springs so the ride height is lower but you have the extra down travel when you jump?
Like pro-truck suspension action?

Is that what your meaning?

I did the opposite because overextension was killing outer axle shafts (rubbing on the arms). After adding some fuel tube spacers we have not broken another axle on that Granite.

We did sacrifice some ground clearance though.

Hello everyone!

Thanks!
V2 shocks and shock tower from Jennie rc. Or hot racing shocks. My son's granite has the 4s hot racing shocks and they work great compared to stock. The v2 shocks and towers will run you about 65$ from Jennies rc.

V2 shocks and shock tower from Jennie rc. Or hot racing shocks. My son's granite has the 4s hot racing shocks and they work great compared to stock. The v2 shocks and towers will run you about 65$ from Jennies rc.
I forgot, you also need the arms and rod set and drive shaft to finish the v2 upgrade. Sorry.
Cheapest way, 4s Got Racing shocks. And the right length 6s shock shafts.

I think he means he wants longer shocks, not arms?
I've set rc up with longer shocks and softer springs so the ride height is lower but you have the extra down travel when you jump?
Like pro-truck suspension action?

Is that what your meaning?
Exactly this you're right on. I guess I could've been more clear.

I'm not necessarily looking for more ground clearance, just more travel similar to pro-truck suspension. I figured the granite would look cool with a baja bug body and this suspension setup.

Thanks, I will definitely look into this modification path. Probably not worth the $$$, but I think it will be a cool project.

It would be very hard to drive with long suspension IMO as the 3s cars don't have sway bars.

I only tried the HR shock bodies which is the easiest change to do as it uses the stock shafts and springs. it gives you about 3-4mm of extra shock length, which gives you about 7-4mm (front/rear) of travel at the wheel, it doesn't sound like a lot, but i wouldnt use much more than this as its already makes the car very hard to handle at high speeds.

I will definitely keep this in mind too about the lack of sway bars. Don't want to turn a fun little project into a nightmare car XD

So your stock granite shocks are 100mm front, 115mm rear.

Stock front shocks for the 4s V2 models are 111mm.
Stock rear shocks for the 4s V2 models are 133mm

My advice would be those possibly with softer springs and tuning to work how you want them?
I have no idea what sort of down travel your truck is capable of and if there would be any binding issues. Look into 4s shocks on the granite and see if you can find someone that has done it and can give more specific info.

Something else to keep in mind...
If you run a longer shock but keep a low ride height, your effectively also lowering the up-travel capabilities.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back