Kraton Front Suspension issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok so while driving I lost a aluminum front hub nut. Had to wait for the parts since they were 4v and on backorder.i just replaced it (admittedly unsure how.perfectly it threaded in straight) now with the tires back on I push down on m.n the front and it stays down. I tried loosening the fro m.n t hub nuts a bit. It seems to be more on the side I was working on (right =left in pic). Where should I start looking?

Are the knuckles the only thing that you replaced? On my V3 when I had the stock nut threaded out about a millimetre from memory but I don't know if that's the same for V4. I wouldn't have thought that over tightening the knuckles on their own would be enough to create that amount of toe'ing out

Did the plastic cup fly out when the hub nut came off? Maybe it isn’t in there.

Did the plastic cup fly out when the hub nut came off? Maybe it isn’t in there.
It did fly out. I replaced both the nut and the cup (that's why I ordered the steering block as well, to replace that cup). New one is in and facing the right way.
Are the knuckles the only thing that you replaced? On my V3 when I had the stock nut threaded out about a millimetre from memory but I don't know if that's the same for V4. I wouldn't have thought that over tightening the knuckles on their own would be enough to create that amount of toe'ing out
Make sure to check that the hub nuts plastic concave inserts are seated straight also.
View attachment 38774
Good call as when I out the new one in, it moved about a bit and needed to be set straight. So that should be good.thanks!
Loosen the hub nuts.
Good advice. That's the first thing I checked was how far they stuck out compared to the side I didn't mess with and how looes/right they were and matched them up best i could. And more poise and I feel it will come out again like the first one I lost.
Don't believe I replaced a knuckle, just the red hub nut & a black concave piece that sits between the hub nut & the ball at the end of the upper a arm. (The parts joosten pointed to in the exploded view above).

Last edited:
Check for a bent shock shaft or bent hinge pin.
On the shock I pulled the black sleeve up and didn't see it bent. I also push the shock in & out a few times and it moved smoothly. I examined the hinge pin and it seemed straight ( I didn't take it out to inspect it though). I moved are up & down and was fluid and no exterior sign of impact on plastic around it.
I loosened the nut caps for bbn upper and lower on the right side till they were evidently loose. Put the wheel on and it came up a little but not much. And at that looseness they'd fly off in 2 to 3 feet.
Its odd because with the wheel off the arm had downward force on my hand when I push the arm up and it goes back to where it should but once the wheel is and and i push down...very little movement after pushing down on front.

Last edited:
the sagging seems excessive without battery packs installed. The shocks are not leaking oil are they or are they filled enough? Have you moved shock collars down to see if it helps with the rebound?

The best way to see that your axle carrier/pivot caps aren't too tight is to disconnect the steering link from the axle carrier, then move the axle carrier around by hand to feel for fitment and adjust the ball caps accordingly. It should move with little to no resistance.

Can't you adjust the shock coil and make the pre tension stronger? I've seen alot of the shocks adjust to almost half way down the shock housing... Just a suggestion. Still learning about Arrmas myself...

No indication of shock oil leak. I know they are adjustable but would prefer to have it run at factory setting until I make changes by choice not necessity...and in doing so I'd be compensating for the issue vs. Solving it. Still appreciate the I out though. Thx!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back