Big Rock Front suspension slop advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hd947

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hey! A few questions…

I washed and inspected my BR and noticed quite a bit of play at the screws that go through the c-hub into the steering block. Is that normal?

Also the pivots at the turnbuckles are loose all the way around. I know this is common but I wasn’t sure if I can still install the aluminum ones and have decent results.

The lower arms seem to have some fore/aft play also. Didn’t notice that when I first got the car but maybe that’s not the biggest deal…

The car only has about 8 3s packs through it but I’m not easy on her either haha

Thoughts? Thanks!

Hey! A few questions…

I washed and inspected my BR and noticed quite a bit of play at the screws that go through the c-hub into the steering block. Is that normal?

Also the pivots at the turnbuckles are loose all the way around. I know this is common but I wasn’t sure if I can still install the aluminum ones and have decent results.

The lower arms seem to have some fore/aft play also. Didn’t notice that when I first got the car but maybe that’s not the biggest deal…

The car only has about 8 3s packs through it but I’m not easy on her either haha

Thoughts? Thanks!

What you're experiencing is fairly normal for all the 3S line of vehicles from Arrma.
Solution-
1. Get a set of thin Stainless Steel washers - you'll need 4.5mm ID - to use them as shims to firm up the suspension arms.
2. The aluminum pivot balls wouldn't hurt neither for the turnbuckles.

And, Welcome to the Ranch!

What you're experiencing is fairly normal for all the 3S line of vehicles from Arrma.
Solution-
1. Get a set of thin Stainless Steel washers - you'll need 4.5mm ID - to use them as shims to firm up the suspension arms.
2. The aluminum pivot balls wouldn't hurt neither for the turnbuckles.

And, Welcome to the Ranch!
I don’t mean to be a pain but, are the washers specifically rc parts? Or can I get them anywhere? I googled 4.5mm ID washers but that doesn’t seem to be a standard size. Are they just M4 washers? Haha, I work on 1:1 cars all the time so I’m a little embarrassed/confused 😵‍💫

I don’t mean to be a pain but, are the washers specifically rc parts? Or can I get them anywhere? I googled 4.5mm ID washers but that doesn’t seem to be a standard size. Are they just M4 washers?

No worries.
They are general metric washers.
Here's the set I ordered
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098YKXP2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gives you the range of Every size that you may need.

Yes, M4
Totally my fault.

Haha, I work on 1:1 cars all the time so I’m a little embarrassed/confused 😵‍💫

Which cars?

No worries.
They are general metric washers.
Here's the set I ordered
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098YKXP2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gives you the range of Every size that you may need.

Yes, M4
Totally my fault.

Which cars?
Awesome, I was just looking at kits like that, thank you!

I was a ASE master tech for 20 years and worked for ford, dodge and did try some small independent shops which was very different than working at the dealer level. I’m not in that industry any longer but I still do all my own work to my vehicles along with my dirt bikes and sxs… I have plenty of wrenching to do on the daily and now I have ANOTHER thing with wheels that needs attention hahaha!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back