Kraton Front Suspension Tower Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imasnyper

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Brand new owner of a Kraton 4s, my fiancé and I purchased one for both of us to use. This is the first hobby grade truck for either of us, so I need some help with my first tear down and fix up.

Well long story short, my fiancé was the first to drive, and after about 3 minutes bashed into a pole at 50% speed. Broke the front left a arm and suspension tower. I've seen some videos on replacing the a arm so I think I'm good there. I saw the videos in this forum for the shock tower, but it looks like the video that references the front diff cover/shock tower is for a different model without the support brace running along the length. Are there any resources specifically for the kraton 4s that will show me how to go about getting at the tower to replace it?

The vids you watched was prob for 3s models without the brace but they are all very similar.

The 4s is very easy to work on, I don't want to sound unhelpful but you will only learn if you start stripping it, off the top of my head - remove centre brace, remove 4 screws underneath the front of the chassis, at this point the tower should be slightly open already, then you just undo the shocks and turnbuckles on the side, you should know what to do then...

The vids you watched was prob for 3s models without the brace but they are all very similar.

The 4s is very easy to work on, I don't want to sound unhelpful but you will only learn if you start stripping it, off the top of my head - remove centre brace, remove 4 screws underneath the front of the chassis, at this point the tower should be slightly open already, then you just undo the shocks and turnbuckles on the side, you should know what to do then...

Ya I kind of assumed thats what it would take. Was just curious if any specific videos/tutorials existed before I started. I'm not afraid to work on it, more just looking to streamline the fix tonight so I can try it out for the first time haha. Thanks for the reply.

Brand new owner of a Kraton 4s, my fiancé and I purchased one for both of us to use. This is the first hobby grade truck for either of us, so I need some help with my first tear down and fix up.

Well long story short, my fiancé was the first to drive, and after about 3 minutes bashed into a pole at 50% speed. Broke the front left a arm and suspension tower. I've seen some videos on replacing the a arm so I think I'm good there. I saw the videos in this forum for the shock tower, but it looks like the video that references the front diff cover/shock tower is for a different model without the support brace running along the length. Are there any resources specifically for the kraton 4s that will show me how to go about getting at the tower to replace it?

Get us a picture so we can see what parts you are talking about. I broke my AR320399 - F/R COMPOSITE UPPER GEARBOX COVERS/SHOCK TOWER hitting a tree a few weeks ago. It was an easy fix.

Yes that was the part and I was able to get it replaced relatively easily. Took it for a test drive tonight and re broke the front left shock rolling it on a hard turn. The shock had broken in the first crash(hobby store tech did a bit of repair on it to get it usable, but the roll was too much for it). Going to have to order a new one of those now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back