Notorious Garc’s Backyard Track and RC Shenanigans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sponsored at all 😂

IMG_0113.jpeg

Good for you brother!!
I see ur using the RCAWD diff cups, I took my K6EXB rear diff apart last night. Another broken cup..boo. Arrma is the only brand I have consistent diff issues with, really just the cups, but I don't care for the LSD crap either TBH.
Thinking of going aluminum.. but I've experienced screws backing out of aluminum cups before. Threadlocker and silicone don't work well together,LOL. What do you clean ur diff parts with?

My composite cup inserts always fail after 10-20 batteries, the steel insert heats up the composite and eventually spins loose.

The existing rcawd blx cup was aluminum and egged out after a while from the output steel material, they recently revised the designs to mimic what arrma does.

Except I can get an entire active LSD assembly for the price of just the Arrma cup. 👍🏼

Clean my diff’s silicone with CRC electrical cleaner

My composite cup inserts always fail after 10-20 batteries, the steel insert heats up the composite and eventually spins loose.

The existing rcawd blx cup was aluminum and egged out after a while from the output steel material, they recently revised the designs to mimic what arrma does.

Except I can get an entire active LSD assembly for the price of just the Arrma cup. 👍🏼

Clean my diff’s silicone with CRC electrical cleaner
Thanks. I did see the RCAWD complete setup.. this second Arrma diff shows definite wear on the spider and crown gears, might just as well go all in on this one. I've used both brake and electrical cleaner but don't find it cuts the silicone fluid very well. Maybe it's due to only low voc formulas being available here? Can't get the "good stuff" in NY anymore.

Thanks. I did see the RCAWD complete setup.. this second Arrma diff shows definite wear on the spider and crown gears, might just as well go all in on this one. I've used both brake and electrical cleaner but don't find it cuts the silicone fluid very well. Maybe it's due to only low voc formulas being available here? Can't get the "good stuff" in NY anymore.
That could be it. I’ve had good success with brake cleaner, but it has to be the chlorinated flavor. The non-chlorinated doesn’t cut the silicon at all. I think the best way, from what I’ve heard, is from those ultrasonic cleaning tanks but I don’t have one.

That could be it. I’ve had good success with brake cleaner, but it has to be the chlorinated flavor. The non-chlorinated doesn’t cut the silicon at all. I think the best way, from what I’ve heard, is from those ultrasonic cleaning tanks but I don’t have one.
Ahh, bet that's it. Non chlorinated..damned you AOC!! What a beotch!!🤬
I accidentally dropped my spider gears on the garage floor last night while assembling my diff, dirt, rocks, grass..all stuck right to them. Grr!!😡

Ahh, bet that's it. Non chlorinated..damned you AOC!! What a beotch!!🤬
I accidentally dropped my spider gears on the garage floor last night while assembling my diff, dirt, rocks, grass..all stuck right to them. Grr!!😡
Yeah CRC electrical cleaner just washes away silicone diff fluid, dirty or clean. I usually just throw all metal components in a small cup, spray and let them soak for a few minutes, maybe rinse one more time before rebuilding. Dries quickly without residue.

Yeah CRC electrical cleaner just washes away silicone diff fluid, dirty or clean. I usually just throw all metal components in a small cup, spray and let them soak for a few minutes, maybe rinse one more time before rebuilding. Dries quickly without residue.
I may have some Lectra-motive from CRC kicking round here but, pretty sure I've tried it in the past. Don't know if it's the same though. I've never really had any luck cleaning silicone fluids off anything.

Fireteam rear springs, hoping the active rear end allows a bit more oversteer

IMG_0121.jpeg

We’ll see where this takes me, the 3D printed mount on ebay is a superb design.

Waiting on a 1515 motor for a sensored 4275 package, all for under $200.

IMG_0148.jpeg

Last edited:
Always an exciting wiring process when buying used electronics from different applications. 👍🏼

Edit-Motor direction wrong and the ESC won’t go into program mode 😬

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

Last edited:
40T spur, hoping to flirt with the ton.

IMG_0212.jpeg

Last edited:
The difference between 85-90 to 100-105mph is astounding. Talbot doing 101 on grass is unbelievable.

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0185.jpeg

Last edited:
Hobbystar v2 powered 👍🏼

1694288592940.png

IMG_0237.jpeg

IMG_2994.jpeg

Last edited:
This outdrive shaft had plenty of use, but once you tighten up the cases and mesh with alloy and better pin material they become the weak point.

IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

These 3D printed wing mounts need better support around the screw, second set didn’t last long. Might have to go RPM on the stunt truck without wheelie bar…

IMG_0365.jpeg

Last edited:
Back