Kraton Gen ace 6s hard case 6800 lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Anyone running this 6s lipo hard case can confirm if the wires are 8 gauge or 10?

Some places say 10 and others say 8.???

Thanks

gea68006s12e5.jpg

8g. It’s a good pack lot of punch, I run qs8 so soldered it on brand new
So you have the same exact one? 6s hard case 6800?

Just want to make sure because gen ace chat support told me it was 10g.

Would you mind taking a picture of the wire where it shows the number?

I can’t remember the last time I saw a 6S lipo using 8gauge wire, 8 gauge wire also means 8mm connectors like XT150 or EC8. 8 gauge impossible to fit into smaller connectors than those

I have the 4S and they do come with 8 with (yellow) ec5 connectors.

Anyone running this 6s lipo hard case can confirm if the wires are 8 gauge or 10?

Some places say 10 and others say 8.???

Thanks

View attachment 317170
In your pix above, The wires are clearly labeled 10 guage. Look closely. A simple call to Ace of Gens, will confirm what you should be getting. They have great knowledgeable and honest customer Service. Called them before. I have several G. Ace lipos here. Obviously 8 guage is best. (y) Especially with 6s and 8s packs, and definitley for Speed run setups. I settle for 10 guage as well if the price is right. Always Good to know what gauge you are getting no doubt. Good to know what bang for the buck you are getting. And Wire guage size is part of that
When I shop around I look closely at the wires labeling. Sometimes I need to zoom in to get a better look. Or I search around on the net for a better pix of the lipo in question. Most lipo brands never tell you the wire guage in the specs. Some do.

Last edited:
Yes I already saw that. As I mentioned above some places mention 8 and others mention 10 so I want to confirm before I order a set.

Mine were 8 gauge bought two around May 2022, they had around 30-40 charge cycles. One of them bit the dust, one cell got really high resistance (20-30m ohms) and would take forever to balance. Took it apart and found dirt was getting in the case and ruined the bottom cell in the pack. It was all dimpled up from the dirt getting between the plastic and bottom cell. Some of it was probably my fault for blowing them off with an air gun every time pushing the dirt in a little at a time. The second pack seems to be a little down on power from new so it's probably not far behind either. I thought I treated them pretty good, low voltage cutoff was 3.6v/cell. I never let them sit around charged longer than a couple of hours and always storage charged after they cooled off. Just bought two CNHL 6200 packs for less than one new Gens although they a soft pack/no case and have 10g wire. Hope those last just as long, hard to say.

Just bought two CNHL 6200 packs for less than one new Gens although they a soft pack/no case and have 10g wire. Hope those last just as long, hard to say.
Notice any longer runtimes or power difference? 90C Racing CNHL?

They are not supposed to be here until tomorrow, so who knows. 600mah less capacity so I'm sure a little less run time, guess well se if the punch is as good. I have my esc punch turned down anyways since it was a castle MM8s and 1717 1650kv motor in a 6S Kraton. Had to much power and just flipped over backwards on the top end anyways. If I have to adjust the punch on the ESC to get the power back guess I will know at least, run time on the Gens 6800 was pretty good bashing pretty hard I got 20 minuets plus.

Thanks for all your input. I drove 45mim to the hobby store and they are 10Gauge wires. I will be ordering the soft pack that comes with the 8 gauge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back