Kraton Inverted control kinda hard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaDaddy30

Reaction score
Hey is there a way to flip the controls on my remote? I would rather the reverse be the gas and vice versa. Also the steering reversed would be great too. It seems it would be easier for me to control the car if everything was reversed. Would I have to buy a different remote to change this??

No need for a different remote 99% of the time..You swap St and Thr. Channels at the Rx, and set the Thr and St Reversing Switches on the radio as needed. Do your Thr. calibration and St. EPA as you normally would.
Honestly, if it works for you all that matters. Who am I to say.:rolleyes:

>>> I guess you are fairly new to RC and wheel radios. You are overthinking things, trying to compensate for lack of driver skills perhaps? IDK.
If you are Left handed, they do make Ambidextrous Radios. For Lefties or Righties
They are already setup to operate most efficiently, easily and ergonomically as prescribed, How 99.99% of us do it.
:unsure:

And I could never operate a radio your way. Not for a quick second. Just me.:cool:

Last edited:
You would gave been a god send, one time i put this in the air and i had the ailerons reversed. It was a real pain to bring back and my heart was exploding lolol...

But yes all remotes should have reverse for throttle/steering

You could probably do it by setting brake to 100% on the ESC and switching any two motor wires.

An ESC is simply configured as another servo on a different channel.

You could probably do it by setting brake to 100% on the ESC and switching any two motor wires.
Sounds like a recipe for differential soup. The car would go straight from full speed forward to full speed reverse when he tries to brake.

Sounds like a recipe for differential soup. The car would go straight from full speed forward to full speed reverse when he tries to brake.
haha how true... ask me how i know :ROFLMAO: Def not a great idea. love the differential soup comment haha imma steal that LMAO

I'm just confused as to how having everything backwards would be easier.

No need for a different remote 99% of the time..You swap St and Thr. Channels at the Rx, and set the Thr and St Reversing Switches on the radio as needed. Do your Thr. calibration and St. EPA as you normally would.
Honestly, if it works for you all that matters. Who am I to say.:rolleyes:

>>> I guess you are fairly new to RC and wheel radios. You are overthinking things, trying to compensate for lack of driver skills perhaps? IDK.
If you are Left handed, they do make Ambidextrous Radios. For Lefties or Righties
They are already setup to operate most efficiently, easily and ergonomically as prescribed, How 99.99% of us do it.
:unsure:

And I could never operate a radio your way. Not for a quick second. Just me.:cool:
Yes I’m very new to the hobby this is my first wheel radio. The controls seems backwards to me tho. I didn’t understand your acronyms either unfortunately sorry. Were you saying there’s a way to reverse the controls??

Yes what I was saying is that what you want to do, can be done.
It is quite confusing to you, because you need to be very experienced with Radios, Receivers, Servos and ESC's.
Don't want to confuse you being new to this. Information overload might not help you.
But you did ask a very technical question properly nonetheless. I understood you.
I just recommend you work with the intended way these radios are used. Get use to them this way. Just takes time and patience.

Last edited:
Yes I’m very new to the hobby this is my first wheel radio. The controls seems backwards to me tho. I didn’t understand your acronyms either unfortunately sorry. Were you saying there’s a way to reverse the controls??
How can the steering seem backwards? Just like in a real car turn the wheel left and the car turns left turn the wheel right and the car turns right. 🤔

FWIW people think I'm weird for inverting my aim controls when I play fps games. Down is up and up is down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back