General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran the angry shark today to keep my sonic wake juices flowing. I got 30 out of 4s on the Chinese wonder! Rear end shot!

IMG_4137.png

image.jpg

I found a new way today to trim the grass at the pond!
Just run your rigger a shore at 90 mph : 😂

Amateur,
I'm into digging lake overflows now :ROFLMAO:
Actually an older picture but still good for a laugh. Was ~1 ft into the bankl, no damage, luckily it was soft and muddy.

20211113_124502.jpg

In all my years running and racing R/C boats been onto the shore a 1/2 dozen times at least.
Typically a wasted prop, bent or damaged rudder, and in the case of fuel engines a few overheated and grenaded motors sitting out of water no load at full rpm.
Some have damaged the hull if rocks are involved ... all near stopped your heart as you watch it happen unable to do a thing.

Amateur,
I'm into digging lake overflows now :ROFLMAO:
Actually an older picture but still good for a laugh. Was ~1 ft into the bankl, no damage, luckily it was soft and muddy.

View attachment 364556

Lol nice! I'll try harder next time!!!
In all my years running and racing R/C boats been onto the shore a 1/2 dozen times at least.
Typically a wasted prop, bent or damaged rudder, and in the case of fuel engines a few overheated and grenaded motors sitting out of water no load at full rpm.
Some have damaged the hull if rocks are involved ... all near stopped your heart as you watch it happen unable to do a thing.

Yeah all I could do was laugh about it after. Luckily the damage is very minimal.

Lol .... Thats fine so long as someone stays where boat sunk making sure passers by ( Canoes, Boats, belly boat fishermen etc ... ) don't check it out and pull up whats on end of cord.

Been there & done that dropping Anchors and dock floats at site of dunk or bubbles post sinking only to find some SOB passer by pulled it up and took the site marker !!!!

I've scuba dived for sunk boats, outboards etc .... And above paragraph has happened more than once !!

have a hull that can hold some wedged in POOL NOODLES ? .... DO IT (y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Lol .... Thats fine so long as someone stays where boat sunk making sure passers by ( Canoes, Boats, belly boat fishermen etc ... ) don't check it out and pull up whats on end of cord.

Been there & done that dropping Anchors and dock floats at site of dunk or bubbles post sinking only to find some SOB passer by pulled it up and took the site marker !!!!

I've scuba dived for sunk boats, outboards etc .... And above paragraph has happened more than once !!

have a hull tyhat can hold some wedge in POOL NOODLES ? .... DO IT (y)(y)(y)(y)
Yeah I bought these specifically for my riggers. I have a inflatable paddle boat on the edge of the shore ready to go so I can be there to pull the boat up as soon as possible.

My monos have lots of foam and won't sink (hopefully)

Battery question. I have already read about proper greasing. Stinger and prop upgrades. I also read u should immediately upgrade to the 160 amp Spectrum boat ESC to keep temps and not burn out the solder on the connectors. Has anyone else had heat temp problems? Also Will this monster battery work better? Or do y’all go with 2 3s batteries? The ESC is 199 plug and play and I’m looking at the cooling line splitter. Last thing I want is to burn up anything. Grease is key but @King blitz showed me some custom larger tubing. Thoughts on my questions?

IMG_4162.png

Battery question. I have already read about proper greasing. Stinger and prop upgrades. I also read u should immediately upgrade to the 160 amp Spectrum boat ESC to keep temps and not burn out the solder on the connectors. Has anyone else had heat temp problems? Also Will this monster battery work better? Or do y’all go with 2 3s batteries? The ESC is 199 plug and play and I’m looking at the cooling line splitter. Last thing I want is to burn up anything. Grease is key but @King blitz showed me some custom larger tubing. Thoughts on my questions?

View attachment 365204
I like to use 2x 3s .only because I can distribute the weight for a more balanced hull.

View attachment 365204

I realize Innovation RC is showing many videos of this boat right now and showing this LiPo.
I can tell you that many highly experienced boaters agree that this LiPo is too heavy for this size boat. I told him about this and several others have to. I totally get it... he is pushing his product because he gets $$$ from it.

Mono hulls/ Deep V's have alot of surface area touching the water and making the boat heavy only makes it worse. All that surface area = drag = more amperage needed to go the same speed = heat.

You have to accept that run times are short on RC electric boats and stick with something smaller in the 5000-6800 mAh range.

You should stick with higher performing LiPos due to the amperage needs of RC boats. The G+ 70c LiPos are a strong option, or if you can find SMC LiPos in stock they tend to be better.

I would recommend running the boat first and playing with battery placement to get it running high up out of the water and then see how the temps look. From there you could look at upgrades. The SeaKing 180a might be a good option and is cheaper than spektrum, but is still hobbywing on the inside.
https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ker-seaking-180-v3

I ran a 42" mono on the SeaKing 180a at 60+ mph and it was very reliable.

You have temp issues? I’m thinking of a couple of 8500 mah 3s or bigger. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: @LibertyMKiii thanjs. Asked and answered. Yea… the SMCs are out at the moment but appreciate the advice. I’ll have pics tomorrow. The rear graphics are almost like the wings of the Michigan helmet. But thanks fellas.

On my 46" catamaran I'm running FLYCOLOR 150 amp brushless ESC.i love it .never no heat issues and they not that expensive.for 4s or 6s it's a good ESC and better than spectrum in my opinion.

Good point and that one is around $60

Good point and that one is around $60
I bought mine new about 3 years ago and I think I payed 80 ..I even ran 8s for a quick second and no heating at all.im sure someone must have something bad to say about FLYCOLOR but on my side I've had awesome reliability and brings me 😁

Ok…. So…. Ready to rofl? I ran this boat on 4S. And it is fast. But the motor temps and everything is on fire. Welp? Helps if you take the rudder guard off. Yes. I almost fried my Sonicwake and off the jump. But after that I put in the 6s brick and cooled it down? I was not prepared for it to go that fast. Don’t get me wrong. I love my angry shark, but this is a grown-ups boat. 😆😬 Not grown up enough to know that there’s a rudder guard! I’m in love. @LibertyMKiii is kind enough to hook me up with a couple of new props! He was also kind enough to ask me if I wanted him to sharpen and balance them of course I said yes because I have no idea what that means. 😂 After you run the boat? Bust out the rig. This is next level fun.

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4173.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok…. So…. Ready to rofl? I ran this boat on 4S. And it is fast. But the motor temps and everything is on fire. Welp? Helps if you take the rudder guard off. Yes. I almost fried my Sonicwake and off the jump. But after that I put in the 6s brick and cooled it down? I was not prepared for it to go that fast. Don’t get me wrong. I love my angry shark, but this is a grown-ups boat. 😆😬 Not grown up enough to know that there’s a rudder guard! I’m in love.

It's the little things that can getcha...
Glad you caught it in time before
on fire GIF

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

@LibertyMKiii is kind enough to hook me up with a couple of new props! He was also kind enough to ask me if I wanted him to sharpen and balance them of course I said yes because I have no idea what that means. 😂 After you run the boat? Bust out the rig. This is next level fun.

View attachment 365286

View attachment 365287

View attachment 365288

View attachment 365289

View attachment 365290

Yes!
@LibertyMKiii
Is da Man! 🤘

When I first saw the pics of the Sonicwake earlier, I almost posted "don't forget to take the rudder guard off" but didn't..
Its a common mistake I've seen it happen a bunch of times with Proboats straight out the box. I'm glad you caught it in time lol

Broooooooo…… @Notoriousone lol. Me too!

I blame @King blitz. He got me in the boating business. J/K. I should have known better. I looked right at it but the excitement was blinding!

Last edited:
Back