Getting better with the Cricut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you want to paint logo from inside,,,,,reverse logo in software, cut and apply the logo the same way, paint base over logo dry base,then peel off logo and paint logo any color🤙🏾
One of the things I’m working on with my wife is to make vinyl masks for the inside of the body that I can use to re-create stickers and logos. I plan on scanning the sticker/logo, then make a reverse of it and have the cricut make all pre-cut lines…but instead of weeding before application I’ll simply put it whole on the inside and then paint the different colors as I weed each part out. Im probably not explaining it well. In my mind it’ll work, in reality who knows.

Cut design.
Weed off any unwanted parts to reveal the logo.
Apply transfer tape sticky side down to logo.
Smooth out.
Then peel up transfer tape slowly, logo should come up with the tape.
Then apply to body.
Smooth out.
Then peel transfer tape up again and logo should stay on body.

Cut design.
Weed off any unwanted parts to reveal the logo.
Apply transfer tape sticky side down to logo.
Smooth out.
Then peel up transfer tape slowly, logo should come up with the tape.
Then apply to body.
Smooth out.
Then peel transfer tape up again and logo should stay on body.
Thanks! We will watch this. You know I appreciate any hints, advice and videos you send my way.

My stepdaughter’s been watching YouTube videos on Cricut and she started using lent roller sections instead of actual transfer tape. It works better in many cases, I was very surprised. Especially with small delicate logos.

Thanks! We will watch this. You know I appreciate any hints, advice and videos you send my way.

My stepdaughter’s been watching YouTube videos on Cricut and she started using lent roller sections instead of actual transfer tape. It works better in many cases, I was very surprised. Especially with small delicate logos.
No problem, have fun,any idea is always a good idea..

One of the things I’m working on with my wife is to make vinyl masks for the inside of the body that I can use to re-create stickers and logos. I plan on scanning the sticker/logo, then make a reverse of it and have the cricut make all pre-cut lines…but instead of weeding before application I’ll simply put it whole on the inside and then paint the different colors as I weed each part out. Im probably not explaining it well. In my mind it’ll work, in reality who knows.

That'll work just like you verbally described.

If your transfer paper is holding your design to much and not releasing it you can put the transfer paper on your clothing first to make it less tacky. The more times you put it on your cloths the less tacky it gets and releases the design easier.

If your transfer paper is holding your design to much and not releasing it you can put the transfer paper on your clothing first to make it less tacky. The more times you put it on your cloths the less tacky it gets and releases the design easier.
That’s a good idea. The lint roller works surprisingly well though and is cheap.

Another tip, After you apply your decal put the transfer paper back on the backing paper and re-use it. Can be used many times without a problem.

Here's an idea I wanted to do with the Corvette body. Feel free to steal it if you get it to work.
I originally bought solid Silver(PS41) and Translucent silver(PS36). I was going to put decal stickers inside, spray with solid Silver, peel stickers, and then spray with translucent silver. Have lights inside body and decals show up when lights switched on. Lights off and it's solid Silver. But I got lazy.......

Here's an idea I wanted to do with the Corvette body. Feel free to steal it if you get it to work.
I originally bought solid Silver(PS41) and Translucent silver(PS36). I was going to put decal stickers inside, spray with solid Silver, peel stickers, and then spray with translucent silver. Have lights inside body and decals show up when lights switched on. Lights off and it's solid Silver. But I got lazy.......
Some of the best ideas are defeated by “just not feeling like it right now…”🤣
That’s a cool idea. I will a file it away and steal it some day perhaps 👍

Last edited:
My wife has become quite adept with this cricut thing! She literally made most of the kids shirts for the new school year and has also made a few compass shirts for me. I like this one the most so far 😊

Belle has gotten pretty good at it as well and designed a new iron on for our next shirts all on her own. She combined her (cats) and my (bikes) favorite things to make matching shirts for us while at the park 😂

A family that hobbies together stays happy together!

69B4DD29-EF12-4D21-BCD6-D2A46CB0AE20.jpeg

F2DC9ABD-C7B7-4DB8-8AC6-EB57FFF939BB.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been using the cricut for a while ..but I still suck at it
I just use mine to make masks and stencils these days ..I’ve never figured out how to do curves or multilayer stuff

Maybe one day :)

I did these one’s using masks I made with the cricut

618D429B-D5CA-4FD3-8120-12C465A3FF16.jpeg

BF8AA758-A506-4713-9D30-5FD4C4C3B28A.jpeg

8DD81B29-2ECA-45C2-B252-928CAFC8BF0C.jpeg

AF8092BA-7F2D-452C-9601-DEF95043A225.jpeg

8644BB48-FDBB-45BD-9C4F-968BB5414706.jpeg

3E460207-6867-46FA-9548-62FD94C709F8.jpeg

691861EE-3916-4F49-B91B-BC86F32EBDE3.jpeg

I’ve been using the cricut for a while ..but I still suck at it
I just use mine to make masks and stencils these days ..I’ve never figured out how to do curves or multilayer stuff

Maybe one day :)

I did these one’s using masks I made with the cricut

View attachment 246338

View attachment 246339

View attachment 246340

View attachment 246341

View attachment 246342

View attachment 246343

View attachment 246344
I have seen the things that you can do with the Cricut masks. So don’t cut yourself short lol. I love it. Her and her daughter are both obsessed with crafting and the things that the two of them are coming up with I love. I’ve always lived in a home that had standard store-bought design things and now so much we have is a bit personalized. It’s sweet. She makes masks and stickers for my cars also lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back