Glandon Speedway track build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashBoom

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
I had some time to get started on my oval-ish track build this weekend. I got about 2/3 of the 1st layer of class 5 down. Slowly chomping away at what seems to be an endless pile of gravel.

I'm doing 2 or 3 layers until I have about a 4-5" deep base. Definitely going to bank the corners, maybe the whole thing a little to help keep water drained. Obviously jumps will be necessary, maybe a rattle board section too. Part of the track uses an existing road to get a little extra length, I'm going to ramp up pretty steep so you kind of have to jump onto it.

base_1.png

base_2.png

base_3.png

ALLrighty now..
I Sub'd to see this one to completion.

That's looking to be a really Fun track in the works.
Can't wait for the official Grand Opening 🍺👍

What's your best guess on ETA?

Last edited:
What's your best guess on ETA?

If I can get back to it next weekend, I should have at least one complete layer.

It depends on how much time I have, but I'm thinking early fall to be totally done. I'm going to grade out the inside of the oval and build some jumps for bashing and I need a driver's stand too.

A little video walk-through.

Last edited:
If I can get back to it next weekend, I should have at least one complete layer.

It depends on how much time I have, but I'm thinking early fall to be totally done. I'm going to grade out the inside of the oval and build some jumps for bashing and I need a driver's stand too.

A little video walk-through.

I'm laughing with Excitement 👍🍺

Good Start, unless that tree has sentimental value it's gotta go!

Yeah. I don't like cutting down trees, but that's right in the way. I'll run through the rest of the brush along the road with the Husqvarna Annihilator lol.

I was able to get the brush/tree along the road cleared and base layer finished. I'll be back at it on Labor Day weekend, should be able to complete the track surface. Need to add another layer and then hit it with the cultipacker and drag rake. Then the jumps.

I was able to make some test runs today but forgot my GoPro, I'll get some running video over Labor Day.

base_complete_1.png

base_complete_2.png

base_complete_4.png

I was able to get the brush/tree along the road cleared and base layer finished. I'll be back at it on Labor Day weekend, should be able to complete the track surface. Need to add another layer and then hit it with the cultipacker and drag rake. Then the jumps.

I was able to make some test runs today but forgot my GoPro, I'll get some running video over Labor Day.

View attachment 318313

View attachment 318314

View attachment 318315

It's going to be awesome.
I can tell by the efforts you're putting in. 👊🍺

Last edited:
Track surface is almost done. Just need to level up a few spots and put the jumps in.

Took out the one tree inside the track that’s right on the edge. I have almost no depth perception so I decided that had to go lol.

More pics and running vid tomorrow!

I brought the DBXL-E and forgot I was testing 8.4V on the Primal servo last week. Needless to say, the testing was completed today. It results in magic smoke. So no running video yet.

I did get the track surface finished up and a few jumps in. I want to make the back curve a high banked deal, so I need more dirt.

Remaining big ticket items are a ditch along the inside, leveling the inside for grass, and a high driver's platform in the center.

Few pics below. It was extremely gusty and even the mighty Phantom 4 was struggling, so I may or may not have some video shots tomorrow.

gs_track1.png

gs_track3.png

gs_track4.png

A nice course. If you drive a lot on it, the cars clear the track, you don't have to clear that much. But yeah - trees and wishbones don't have the best relationship 😊. Do you stand on the hill while driving?

Do you stand on the hill while driving?

I just stand out in the middle right now. I'm going to build a raised driver's platform there eventually, probably a next spring project.
But yeah - trees and wishbones don't have the best relationship 😊
They definitely do not! I may have to cut a few more trees back.

I just stand out in the middle right now. I'm going to build a raised driver's platform there eventually, probably a next spring project.

They definitely do not! I may have to cut a few more trees back.

You'll be ripping & jumping around on your track Real soon now..
I can feel it 😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back