Limitless Going fast on a budget..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Question...

A friend of mine has a Limitless and wants to go as fast as he can (break 100mph would be nice) without spending wads of cash..? He already has 2x 3s Graphene Panthers, so he has the power needed..??

Being in the UK we're a bit limited on what we can get. The LHS has Hobbywing Max6 or Max8 combo's, but after watching Vas with his Limitless I suggested going a different route.?

My thoughts were to use a MM2 ( he can get that within Europe with no customs fees etc) paired with the Hobbywing 2200kv 4074 motor from the Max8 combo or even use the stock Arrma motor finally my last suggestion was one of the Rocket/Hobbystar motors but to be honest I've no idea which size can and kv would be best..??

He likes the Max6 esc because it's 8s ready but believe it's limited when it comes to real speed.?

Can't do MMX8 and TP as budget won't allow it..?
What do you guys suggest..??

So I have a MMX8S and HW 4074 2200kv motor in my Limitless. (Would $275 - $300 still maybe be in range?) Just recently hit a 102mph with just some testing runs. Definitely not top speed as I wasn't able to reach full throttle.
So maybe a Max6 with the HW4074 2200kv? I think the issue with HW ESC's is they have so much limiting on amp draw to the motor, that it constantly cuts out, as my Max5 was even doing that to me with lower gearing.

I would say a max6 and a hobbystar 1/7 motor of choice flip the motor mount and delete a battery tray weight it and balance it out with batterys installed and you will easily hit your goal I've hit 103mph with my infraction with a max5 and stock blx motor in about 110 feet
Gearing is 27t pinon and 34t spool

So my mate got some of his parts this week, in the end he went with a MM2 and a Hobbywing 4074 2200kv motor.

What would be the best connectors to use..??
Would his setup work fine with XT90's or should he get something bigger amp rating like XT150's or 8mm bullets.??

Cappack ??? do you think one would be needed or ok without.?

As I said earlier, his budget won't stretch that much..
Getting a MMX8 into the UK just costs too much at present..? shipping ,customs, etc etc

A Castle 1515 motor and a MM2 on good 6s batteries will get a Limitless to and past 100mph no problem. With a bit of searching that motor and ESC can be had for around or just under $200 on ebay. Just another option

That Castle 1515 is the same kv as the HobbyWing one he got so hopefully similar results will be possible..

@phildogg ... thanks for the advice ?? I do believe he already bought XT150's and a cap pack yesterday.!! ?

So it looks like I'll be soldering this weekend..??

All his parts finally in, the final list is MM2, HW 2200kv 4074, diy CapPack, XT150's, 10awg wire, 6.5mm bullets and lastly a PowerHD servo (not sure of model)
Looks like I'll be removing the XT90's from the batteries and fitting the 150's on them, then 150's on everything else..!! oh and 6.5mm bullets (motor)

So it looks like I'll be soldering this weekend..??

All his parts finally in, the final list is MM2, HW 2200kv 4074, diy CapPack, XT150's, 10awg wire, 6.5mm bullets and lastly a PowerHD servo (not sure of model)
Looks like I'll be removing the XT90's from the batteries and fitting the 150's on them, then 150's on everything else..!! oh and 6.5mm bullets (motor)
Missed this thread somehow.
Maybe I can send you a loaf of bread with a MMX8s inside :ROFLMAO:
It is a shame y'all have such trouble getting that esc in Europe. A friend of mine in Florida just bought 5 of them. Castle gives a nice military / law enforcement discount evidently.

Maybe I can send you a loaf of bread with a MMX8s inside :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like a plan..???

I've been told that it will be available in Europe very soon ?.. that would happen now just when I got mine from the states..?
Just a shame my mate couldn't spring for one..?

Could you run 8s on it with the HW 2200kv motor?
I believe for a single pass and then cool down you could run that. I would not bash with that high of KV tho.

Guys will the mmx8s be better suited than the xlx?
Depends on your goal, I think the mmx8s is the "better" allrounder / more beginner friendly if you can say something like this, but castle themselves state on their website that: Note: This is not a direct replacement to the Mamba XLX. The XLX still handles rawer full throttle power in the most extreme setups.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back