Good option for MMX8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 8s

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
2355KV option at the top of chart. Might try to pair with MMX8S esc .
s-l1600.png

Just make sure to start out with Zero Timing out the gate. Work from there.
You didn't say which rig this will be for.:unsure: Assuming speed runs. Lim or Fel?

I’m going to hook my esc to castle link and change it. I’m wanting to put in my Infraction.

Are you going to run 8 or 9S? A 1717-1650 or Hobbywing 4990 will be better all-around.

If you're going for top speed the TP should do pretty well...

Yeah best to start timing at zero with most any new motor or setup. Even with the Stocker Firma ESC's. Added Timing just creates unwanted temps. The cons always outweigh the pros with increased timing. Be conservative with timing if you advance it a notch at a time. And evaluate temps often enough.
Zero or one notch up is all I want. Yet I see many guys with 22+ degrees of timing by default ...out the gate, without any consideration. I don't trust default OE settings with any new setup. Been there.

Last edited:
What are you using it for?

That is a terrible KV if you want to do anything other than make 1 single speed pass.
Great KV for a single speed pass though. Everything is assuming you will be running 8s? This would be a good KV for 4s bashing.

Going to to try 8s. Start with 29/46 and go from there. Keep eye on heat and handling. If I don’t like I will Put my 1650 1717 Castle motor back in.

6S on the ESC side and 3S by the motor and send that bish!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back