Gorgon steering servo for standards rec/esc. Need recomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmcf1

Reaction score
Ok I’ve a gorgon with a stripped steering servo And i‘m trying to find a stronger alternative. I’ve tried 2 different power up branded 18kg servos (phd1501mg and phd1814mg) both while on paper run faster than the standard s660, in the car are actually slower. I’ve learned that the standard rec/esc in the gorgon only has a bec output of 5v so I’m assuming this is why off brand servos are running slower than there specified speeds But I’m a returning to rc older bloke and could be wrong. Anyone hod much luck sourcing an alternative, stronger version that works with the standard receiver?

I think 35kg in a bog standard Gorgon might be a little excessive and I don’t really want to keep buying servos to try. But thanks for the suggestion.

That one says 6.8v right there in the description. If run 5v to a servo that req 6.8 am I correct in assuming I’ll have the same problem I have now, slower that stated movement?

It says the operating voltage range is 4.8 to 6.8 volts. 5 volts would be fine, and even then it’s a lot better servo than the stocker.

Yea the operating range on that 25kg zoskey is slightly larger than the 18kg servo I tried. That one was 4.8-6.0 and the claimed speeds on that one were 0.12 at 6v and .14 at 4.8. Attached to the receiver though, that one was near on half the speed of the original servo So it’s got me stumped why. I’m heading to my arrma affiliated lhs next Wednesday, turns out they are happy to replace under warrant, that will fix the not working bit and I’ll take the car with me and we’ll try a few different servo’s out. I was just hoping someone may have encountered the same problem and have an explanation.

For off road bashing I personally don’t require a lightning fast servo. Those DS servos are not. They just last, that’s why I’ve run so many in the past. For my on-road parking lot hooligan cars I typically run these:
https://www.promodeler.com/DS635BLHV

Back