Kraton GPM parts good to go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EbbTide

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Was looking to get a pair of A arms to keep on hand. Seems this is one that breaks somewhat often. Is it not good to go with Aluminum parts or just not necessarily needed?

Attachments

• 610CA832-B92C-4AD7-BFC9-078F68314118.jpeg
    610CA832-B92C-4AD7-BFC9-078F68314118.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 80
It seems to me like A-arms are something you want to take the brunt of impact, so you want them to break at some point - but I am curious about what other people think as well.

Aluminum A-Arms are great if you want your truck to look cool on the shelf. In practicality they are a terrible idea. Force will be transfered to other parts of the truck that will break instead. A broken a-arm is much preferred.

Perfect! That’s the info I was looking for, thank you. RPM it is! ;)

Besides instead of the plastic flexing you would end up with bent arms every time you hit something hard.
This GPM uses some sort of pot aluminum in their products and it is super soft and bends super easy.

Thanks guys. I think I may have been mesmerized by the bling. :)

Thanks guys. I think I may have been mesmerized by the bling. :)
For the most part that is about all their parts are good for is for bling. I am running one of their diff cups and they are worth buying compared to the stock ones. My center diff doesn't leak anymore.

For the most part that is about all their parts are good for is for bling. I am running one of their diff cups and they are worth buying compared to the stock ones. My center diff doesn't leak anymore.
I guess the dif cups would be a good, cheaper alternative, that don't take the same physical abuse that other aluminum parts would. +1 on this idea.

I guess the dif cups would be a good, cheaper alternative, that don't take the same physical abuse that other aluminum parts would. +1 on this idea.
Maybe I was unlucky but the GPM diff cup didn’t work for me, gears were too tight even with just stock shims, ended up in the bin, I bought HR diff cups for all 3 diffs after and they are so much better than GPM was...

Maybe I was unlucky but the GPM diff cup didn’t work for me, gears were too tight even with just stock shims, ended up in the bin, I bought HR diff cups for all 3 diffs after and they are so much better than GPM was...
Mixed reviews, solid info. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back