Granite Granite 3s BLX is HVLI capable!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammied

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Had to try it. The 2 2200ma packs are hvli yesterday for the maiden voyage I charged the packs to standard 4.2v per cell so they were 2200ma today I charged them to 4.35v and 2400ma.

It works!! Accepted the high voltage packs no problem!! And runtime was close to 25 minutes of wheelies, jumping, and cookies.

So far I have had no issues with the blx100 ( only 2 runs)

I have noticed today before the run that it seems to have alot of rolling resistance and sounds like the gears in the transmission are rough and clogging

Very pleased with this truck!!!

Another user just reported they fried their BLX185 by using LiHV packs, so I wouldn’t be advocating their use just yet.

Gotcha

I ordered a max10 sct esc and it will be here tomorrow. So I wanted to beat the blx100 up a little bit. And see what it can do.

So I'm not telling anyone to use hv packs and it will be fine. The manual clearly states normal voltage. But also says it has a built in over voltage protection at 12.6v and clearly mine does not

I'm going to keep running hv just to see how long it will last. And swap the max10 sct into it if/when it quits

Gotcha

I ordered a max10 sct esc and it will be here tomorrow. So I wanted to beat the blx100 up a little bit. And see what it can do.

So I'm not telling anyone to use hv packs and it will be fine. The manual clearly states normal voltage. But also says it has a built in over voltage protection at 12.6v and clearly mine does not

I'm going to keep running hv just to see how long it will last. And swap the max10 sct into it if/when it quits
Glad it worked for you, but we just have to be careful with the advice we give to others. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back