Granite Granite 3S BLX w/2.8 buggy wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I "borrowed" the Badlands MX28's that were on my Granite and put them on my truggified Typhon thus leaving my Granite wheeless. So I decided to throw the Badlands buggy tires on it to see how it drove. I'm running the RPM A-arms (boo!) so I have a second set of holes for the shock bottoms. I moved the shocks to the outside position and ran it yesterday on my 45 degree ramp. A few thoughts:

1. This is probably the straightest I have had my Granite track. It did really well holding a line on the very uneven and bumpy run up to my jump.

2. With the added speed I was able to achieve due to the tires I was able to get the best distance and height out of my 3s trucks. It jumped much better than my BRCC with the MX28's

3. Say goodbye to double backflips. One was all I could muster. The lack of rotating mass is very noticeable. It did front flip without issue though.

I might swap tires with my BRCC and try out the buggy tires on it. It would be basically a Typhon since I run the HR extenders. The question would be how well does it flip.

Anyway, this beats buying another set of tires ?

20190807_152613.jpg

I've run my granite with 8th scale buggy tires a few times, and also the Duratrax St size tires. Makes it handle almost like a race car. Lots of fun at a track or for Street bashing. Not as great on rough ground.
I only ran it in my jump area and it handled the dirt pretty well. Surprising it only traction rolled once on me. Ol' Brick is going to make a vid in a little bit ?

Bicketybam, sorry for the off topic question, but I see you have that rugged Spektrum radio. Have you posted a review on that thing anywhere? I'm extremely unimpressed with the stock spektrum radio that came with my BRCC and looking for options.

Bicketybam, sorry for the off topic question, but I see you have that rugged Spektrum radio. Have you posted a review on that thing anywhere? I'm extremely unimpressed with the stock spektrum radio that came with my BRCC and looking for options.
I haven't done a review but I can give you my thoughts. It's a decent radio with a few flaws. Some of the "rugged" features aren't so rugged. The rubber loop for a lanyard has broken on me twice. The rubber that outlines it tends to pull out. The touch pad can be a real pain in the ass to use. On the plus side, it has a lot of features and it's water resistant. I'm tough in my radios and it's holding up well. It's not an inexpensive radio and from what I've read on here there are good radios that are cheaper. I've only used Spektrum so I really can't compare. The one thing I can say for sure is that the Rugged, or any other Spektrum radio, is light years better than the one that comes with the new trucks.

is light years better than the one that comes with the new trucks.

That's exactly what I'm trying to resolve. My BRCC won't even go into reverse reliably and recalibrating the throttle doesn't seem to have done anything to resolve it.

I just picked up a FlySky FS-GT3C... it's a HUGE improvement from the Spektrum, and the ability to drop dual rates to 20% and STILL have decent reverse is awesome when my 4 year-old takes the stick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back