Granite Granite 3s blx won't go straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatimore3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hey guys,

Hoping for some advice. I got a Granite 3s in December. I wasn't happy with the steering slop and wobbly wheels, so i've installed
HR pivot balls, HR bellcrank, HR 17mm hex extenders (ones specifically for Arrma 3s cars) and upgraded a SAVOX servo. Everything else is stock. The slop and wobbly wheels are fixed now, but it doesn't want to go straight. I'm running proline badlands and trenchers. I centered the servo during the install. I've adjusted the steering trim knob. The weird thing is that it doesn't veer to one direction all the time. If i run it at mid-speed on pavement, it will start out straight for about 20 feet, and then veer to one side, and then after another 20 feet, it will straighten itself back out OR veer to the other side. It doesn't make sense to me. It's not just doing a hard left or right every time. When i run full throttle on dirt or grass it stays close to straight. I mainly notice the steering issue on payment. Anyone ran into this before?

Hey guys,

Hoping for some advice. I got a Granite 3s in December. I wasn't happy with the steering slop and wobbly wheels, so i've installed
HR pivot balls, HR bellcrank, HR 17mm hex extenders (ones specifically for Arrma 3s cars) and upgraded a SAVOX servo. Everything else is stock. The slop and wobbly wheels are fixed now, but it doesn't want to go straight. I'm running proline badlands and trenchers. I centered the servo during the install. I've adjusted the steering trim knob. The weird thing is that it doesn't veer to one direction all the time. If i run it at mid-speed on pavement, it will start out straight for about 20 feet, and then veer to one side, and then after another 20 feet, it will straighten itself back out OR veer to the other side. It doesn't make sense to me. It's not just doing a hard left or right every time. When i run full throttle on dirt or grass it stays close to straight. I mainly notice the steering issue on payment. Anyone ran into this before?
Mine does it. I have the same mods as you. I chalk it up to the tires, but in the end it's good enough for what I do with the truck. Maybe someone else can help out.

Thanks bickety, at least that tells me I'm not imagining things

I’ve messed around with camber and toe a little bit to reduce it. It’s still there and probably not going away.

If you turn it upside down and hit the throttle a little you can check everything. Are the tires glued straight? Out of balance? Slop in an arm? In a bearing? So many places to check.

If you turn it upside down and hit the throttle a little you can check everything. Are the tires glued straight? Out of balance? Slop in an arm? In a bearing? So many places to check.
Yup and virtually impossible to correct all of it! It's a monster truck, not an F1 car ?

Yup and virtually impossible to correct all of it! It's a monster truck, not an F1 car ?
I usually find that when it doesn’t track straight I broke something. Otherwise it usually is ok. Depends on tires too. My Badlands are a tad wobbly. My Trenchers are dead straight.

I updated my #Granite BLX TO the Bandito ST 2.8 Mounted for my street tires! Matter of fact I just placed the order now with Horizon Hobby! Can't wait to install these and then head back to the skate park. Even know the stock ones sounded pretty wicked in this bowl.

Attachments

• DTXC5250_a0.jpeg
    DTXC5250_a0.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 43
Anyone ran into this before?

Hi,
Yes, on the 6s. I dismantled everything (post, spring, bearings…) grease, clean, tight screw and it came back 97%, but not 100%.
Check if your posts are straight… You can have something loose on the servo arm too.
PL

Attachments

• IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks for all the responses. I took it all apart and cleaned and recentered the servo again and tried my badlands and dboots and got the same results. Then I got a savox 1231 servo, put that in and it fixed everything. No more weirdness. I'm just frustrated that the armma 15g servo was brand new and didn't seem to have any defects, but the savox just works in my car so much better. It's not even the expensive one either, think it was $35.

Could be the servo saver too.

Could be the servo saver too.
I had tried changing the servo saver with another stock one and the hr one and both acted the same with the 15k servo and both were fine with the savox servo. At this point I'm sure it's just defective

Hey guys,

Servo saver maybe or the wteering pivot ball is worn its nit normal i have stock pivot palls with a bit of paper glued to make up the material lost ect and i go streight.
Or maybe its just your servo saver mount who came loose against the servo horn
And causing some play

Servo saver maybe or the wteering pivot ball is worn its nit normal i have stock pivot palls with a bit of paper glued to make up the material lost ect and i go streight.
Or maybe its just your servo saver mount who came loose against the servo horn
And causing some play
I've solved it. I changed the servo and it's working fine now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back