Granite Granite 4x4 3S BLX - 4S Tower2Tower center brace mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r4nd0m

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
I thought a dedicated thread may help people looking for this mod.

After getting my hand on a reasonable priced 4S Tower2Tower center brace (you need a 20cm one) I went ahead and installed it on my Granite but noticed that a modification is needed to keep the mounts in place - 3d printing to the rescue!!

Well so I thought at least, only printed ready made models before but I tried to get it done and after 7 revisions I had a working prototype.

Its designed for 2cm/20mm in height to accommodate rear and front gaps - my rear was 1.3cm/13mm with front 1.7cm/17mm - so you can take the model and just push it through the build-plate in your slicer until you got your desired height or you can print it as is and Dremel it to shape both works fine.

Once installed they look like this

Front:
1580301949274.png

Rear
1580301966820.png

and here the spacer itself (rendered)
1580301991853.png

I have uploaded it to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4133110 in case someone else would like to use it.

Great idea. I recently ordered all of the parts to put them on my Granite and Senton 3S and ran in to this problem. I am going to ask someone about making them. Thanks for sharing.

after the first bash including a few cart wheels it seems PLA may be a bit too brittle as one seemed to have exploded and the other is slightly cracked as well, I am reviewing different print options and materials but I think that probably a filament with a bit more flex could help though TPU could be too flexible unless printed bigger and then being compressed ...

after the first bash including a few cart wheels it seems PLA may be a bit too brittle as one seemed to have exploded and the other is slightly cracked as well, I am reviewing different print options and materials but I think that probably a filament with a bit more flex could help though TPU could be too flexible unless printed bigger and then being compressed ...
Standard PLA is not a good choice for any functional parts. TPU is the other end of the spectrum hardness wise. It’s like a rubber snake, won’t hold a shape well. What you want is something in between like PETG or a Nylon. I have been using a Carbon Fiber PLA that is a little better for durability but it still separates at a layer on thin prints and has to be reinforced somehow.

Standard PLA is not a good choice for any functional parts. TPU is the other end of the spectrum hardness wise. It’s like a rubber snake, won’t hold a shape well. What you want is something in between like PETG or a Nylon. I have been using a Carbon Fiber PLA that is a little better for durability but it still separates at a layer on thin prints and has to be reinforced somehow.
well I was thinking about that but TPU would be stiff enough to keep it in place but also flexible enough similar to rubber dampers - still investigating, I may also just bring the outsides up in size at the moment they are only 2mm but I easily should be able to get the to 4-5mm and build the entire print more rigid - at the moment it has a dog-bone design - maybe a brick like design works better with the cutouts ... as I said I'll give different ideas a test to find a good way and may even order a nylon/carbon print to compare if I cant get the right outcome with my printer

Well, after a little more brains and muscle power - I think I have found a better solution.

you will need 2x AR320452 and use this part from it:
1581000590092.png

1x AR320357
1581000643049.png

as well as a few M3x12 and M3x16 screws and 2x M3 nuts if you go for the additional wing mount as I did

install it on the front like this, this is how it initially looked:
1581000785529.png

replace the mount completely and squeeze the post in place with a little bit of muscle power so it sits like this:

1581000841940.png

pay attention to the highlighted areas

1581000878532.png

install the body posts and you are good to go - do the same on the rear - if you pay a bit more attention to my setup I also added the rear wing mount to it - this works by adding everything to the wheelie bar first, folding everything upwards and then pushing the post connectors over

1581001052680.png

1581001111124.png

I cut the body to make space for the wing mount and also took a body reamer to the body to widen the post holes but all in all looks better and seems to work - test is still pending but as this is all from other models and supposed to work I don't expect any issues

1581001213579.png

I got a brand new body on the shelf after testing and having completely banged this one up I may finally replace it with a new one and the idea is to also add the grind protectors from the Kraton 4S on top of the body (cabin) as well as front to prevent further scratches to the body

All in all quite happy with this setup

Well, after a little more brains and muscle power - I think I have found a better solution.

you will need 2x AR320452 and use this part from it:
View attachment 64107

1x AR320357
View attachment 64108

as well as a few M3x12 and M3x16 screws and 2x M3 nuts if you go for the additional wing mount as I did

install it on the front like this, this is how it initially looked:
View attachment 64109

replace the mount completely and squeeze the post in place with a little bit of muscle power so it sits like this:

View attachment 64110

pay attention to the highlighted areas

View attachment 64111

install the body posts and you are good to go - do the same on the rear - if you pay a bit more attention to my setup I also added the rear wing mount to it - this works by adding everything to the wheelie bar first, folding everything upwards and then pushing the post connectors over

View attachment 64112

View attachment 64113

I cut the body to make space for the wing mount and also took a body reamer to the body to widen the post holes but all in all looks better and seems to work - test is still pending but as this is all from other models and supposed to work I don't expect any issues

View attachment 64115

I got a brand new body on the shelf after testing and having completely banged this one up I may finally replace it with a new one and the idea is to also add the grind protectors from the Kraton 4S on top of the body (cabin) as well as front to prevent further scratches to the body

All in all quite happy with this setup
What length bar did you get? Thanks!

Would enjoy seeing a video on this modification.

For scuff protection, the Mojave roof rails are available as a separate part. I have some coming today for a new custom body I'm doing. I'll post a pic if they work out. I did put 3 of the K4S buttons on the nose of my O4S, and 2 on the front edge of the roof.

Essentially you need the 4s towers, brace bar, and body mounts. When you compare parts diagrams it's pretty obvious how to change a 3s setup to a 4s setup. I thought the 4s body mounts were wider, but seems they fit the stock 3s holes, probably need to open the holes a bit because 4s posts are larger diameter.

Essentially you need the 4s towers, brace bar, and body mounts. When you compare parts diagrams it's pretty obvious how to change a 3s setup to a 4s setup. I thought the 4s body mounts were wider, but seems they fit the stock 3s holes, probably need to open the holes a bit because 4s posts are larger diameter.
there is no 4S change - the only parts needed are listed in my post ... no towers, you use the 3S shock towers - you need the brace holder, brace, body posts and mounts ...

No such thing as 4S towers... ?‍♂️

Sorry for the dumb question but where does the actual center brace attach? Looking at the pics, I’m not seeing it.

With that being said, is this mod worth the $35 or so it’s takes to put it together? I was able to get the brace from Jenny’s for $1.29 when I ordered some other things but the rest of the parts are almost $35 on Amazon. Would I be better of going with the HR Bellcrank for the same $$$? Which one is a better bang for the buck. Thanks again for the info!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back