Granite Granite 4x4 blx slipper clutch keeps coming loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambuca1987

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all hoping you can help I have had tighten the grub screw in the slipper clutch 5 times now since I have brought it for my little boy is this a common problem and is there a quick fix at all .

This is a common issue with these cars and has been beat to death as a topic. For me I use lock tight on the screw you’ll need to take out the spur/ slipper assembly to do it. While it’s out make sure everything is clean that slipper dust gets in everything, check your thrust bearing its the little bearing and washers,make sure there not binding up. Also make sure the spring isn’t broken. There is also a upgrade with the new cars it uses a nut on the back side of the screw but uses a shorter input gear to accommodate it.

Hell I wish I could already order the V3 upgrade parts as this issue seems to bother a lot of 4x4 drivers. Sometimes even loctite won't help.

There is also a upgrade with the new cars it uses a nut on the back side of the screw but uses a shorter input gear to accommodate it.

I didn't notice this. That's awesome, maybe that's the end of slipper issues. I can't find this ARA311031 in stock, but I will try to make my input gear shorter on my Kraton 4s and use the 'stopper' thingy nut for sure!

Give us feedback when done, would like to know whether it works good :) I always need to wait a bit longer here in Europe...

I sure will. The metal on the input gear measures 12mm - the nut is 6mm, so I cut 6mm off the input gear (but with my simple tools, and my 10 thumbs the input gear ended up closer to 5mm and not 100% straight). I think there's room for at least 7mm which of course would be better.

I hope the shorter Input gear won't be to small a "surface" to hold up, but I guess its metal to metal, and that there are more fragile links in the line..

I will assemble without any Loctite on my Kraton 4s just to test if it will hold better. I hope I didn't miss something - luckily I have a few input gears laying around :) I will try it out tonight and report back

Input gear 6mm.JPG

I think about ordering the nuts directly from US. Do you know a good shop that would ship to Germany when they are no more out of stock?

I'm sorry, I'm in the EU (Denmark) as well, so same problem. I do have two nuts though (?) from previous slipper sets which I am going to use on my Kraton 4s and Granite 3s v2 if this works ...

Good luck Jake :) I've one nut and one gear pinion left. Will try it out on my Kraton after your feedback but must still wait for the longer head screws I've ordered today.

If you follow the video above you’ll have no problems with loctite. Hell of a lot easier than pulling out input gear and cutting it off ??‍♂️

Yeah, well I have tried so many times, and on my 4s it just won't hold (applied to the threads, not just laying on top - seen countless videoes). But yeah, im a noob, and maybe I am doing it wrong, and no, of course it is not easy to cut the input gear, but the new ones aren't avaible yet, so I just figure - why not try something else. Also, maybe there's a reason that Arrma uses this solution on the new 3s lineup...... I run 4s and prefer a tight slipper, so maybe that's why I have no luck. On my 3s Granite it have only gotten loose once when using blue..

Same for me @Outcastblxnut. It just makes no fun at the moment. That's why we are looking for an alternative....

Yeah, well I have tried so many times, and on my 4s it just won't hold (applied to the threads, not just laying on top - seen countless videoes). But yeah, im a noob, and maybe I am doing it wrong, and no, of course it is not easy to cut the input gear, but the new ones aren't avaible yet, so I just figure - why not try something else. Also, maybe there's a reason that Arrma uses this solution on the new 3s lineup...... I run 4s and prefer a tight slipper, so maybe that's why I have no luck. On my 3s Granite it have only gotten loose once when using blue..
I’ve done this on my 4s kraton, big rock and typhon with no problems. I use orange loctite.

The nut and shorter input gear is on the v3 cars so Arrma has done some r&d to the problem of the slipper clutch . I thought about doing it myself but I’m worried the the shorter shaft will break the back slipper plate being that short. I’m going to wait until the new version of the outcast comes out and see what Arrma does. I personally haven’t had any issues with my slipper coming loose I rebuilt mine with all new components and I did notice in the slipper rebuild kit the spring was longer . Now I don’t know if that’s because the other one was compressed from use or not , but used a little bit of loc-tite too and so far so good.

i disassembled mine and the spring appears to be stuck in down in there, anyone else have that problem?

Yeah pull it out with a screw driver from the other side and clean the shaft. Hope it helps ;) I already replaced it but it didn't help.

Oh yeah they get stuck good , usually it’s all the loc-tite.I just use a pick from the otherside and push it out.

i disassembled mine and the spring appears to be stuck in down in there, anyone else have that problem?
Yes the spring gets stuck in locktite which is why I use my method to avoid it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back