Granite Granite 4x4 burnt motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grod8734

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello
Only ran the truck for three weekends since new and the motor failed. Took it to the hobby shop and was told motor burnt because dirt and dust (my reply, it’s a dirt truck). They replaced the motor under warranty and recommended a motor cover, which I got installed. Ran it once and think it runs hotter (dust cover blocks two of the fan intakes). Question is which is the best of these two ? dirt and dust or higher running temperatures. Anybody experienced something similar. Half the time I run on a dirt track. What’s the average life of these brush motors

. What’s the average life of these brush motors

Hi,
Around 6 months with lube+vacuum at every track session. (once a week, daughter experience)
We don't use motor cover, but chassis cover.
Welcome here.
PL

Hi,
Around 6 months with lube+vacuum at every track session. (once a week, daughter experience)
We don't use motor cover, but chassis cover.
Welcome here.
PL
welcome to the site!
motor cleaning should be done regularly, especially on the brushed motors because they are usually vented and allow more dirt and debris to enter the motor. brushless are typically sealed so not really necessary so often, id still tear down and inspect every once in awhile if it is possible. with new motors, id also say to dip the motor only into a cup or bucket of water and run it a bit to break it in. (allows all the particles from the initial run to be carried away by the water.
i would run without a cover and just make sure to clean it out.

Hello
Only ran the truck for three weekends since new and the motor failed. Took it to the hobby shop and was told motor burnt because dirt and dust (my reply, it’s a dirt truck). They replaced the motor under warranty and recommended a motor cover, which I got installed. Ran it once and think it runs hotter (dust cover blocks two of the fan intakes). Question is which is the best of these two ? dirt and dust or higher running temperatures. Anybody experienced something similar. Half the time I run on a dirt track. What’s the average life of these brush motors

I am on my third motor now and I am a little annoyed . I agree its a Dirt Truck . I Maintain three trucks for my grandchildren and Motors are what I seem to replace most . There has to be a better solution from Arrma . They live in a sandy area , maybe Arrma should put a warning on there packaging .

If this is the Mega version with the brushed motor, they are terrible. Look into a brushless setup next failure.

Brushed motors are disposable items in go-fast RCs...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back