Granite Granite Mega conversion about to go 3S for first time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
We just got a new charger and some 3S Power.

Running on our 1000 dollar Mega.

Hobbywing max10 sct 3300kv.

Blx tranny

Blx diffs

Blx wheel hexes.

Duratrax bandito Mt

Just fixed a leaky shock and replaced a body mount.

Here we go.
I will get back to you guys with a list of broken things I am figuring.
Running 3S 5000mah 100c spectrum through this thing in about half an hour.

Any last minute advice?

Like: don't do it?

Attachments

• 15957013445843779105103218873705.jpg
    15957013445843779105103218873705.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 85
3660's july an 3s.they all overheat.120a on 3660 working motor.15ish pinion would help.max10 great system for 1/10.6.5 bullets make it hard to swap other motors thou. I've learned to go big and run small voltage the only way to get away from overheating. Just ran batterys dead on senton on 4s driving it like I stole it in 90+ st Louis heat.6s system on 4s..u got barely 4s system on 3s.punch setting will heat up motor too. this fall you will be just fine on 3s. Drive it like you stole it.lol
3660's july an 3s.they all overheat.120a on 3660 working motor.15ish pinion would help.max10 great system for 1/10.6.5 bullets make it hard to swap other motors thou. I've learned to go big and run small voltage the only way to get away from overheating. Just ran batterys dead on senton on 4s driving it like I stole it in 90+ st Louis heat.6s system on 4s..u got barely 4s system on 3s.punch setting will heat up motor too. this fall you will be just fine on 3s. Drive it like you stole it.lol
2s to 3s is a game changer huh.more s's more smiles

Brooo

Yeah our mega conversion just got onto 3S. It is stupid. Wheels fell off. ? I just got myself the typhon 3S and they are comparable in performance so we did good on the granite.

We got 5000 mah 100c 3S batteries for each and a fancy charger. Dude. I know we're miles away from burning up things like your rigs do but we are having FUN. What a difference from where we started.

YEET

I praise you for sticking with mega. Alot of work an money.i got bit by the arrma bug bout a year ago.i spent ALOT from mistakes an building.the build does it for me more than piloting them.jk.the build has gotten outa control.started with adapters,tires an arms just fixing stuff I broke an needed.now I'm into most power.mixing different escz an motors.breaking ,tearing apart ,rebuilding better,learning what every piece does an works.diffrent settings,totally addicted.3s arrma 1/10 are all interchangeable making custom setups easy.6s lineup the same.u stuck with the mega when most would throw in the towel.wont be long you will be putting big block in typhon.having fun a sht eating grins is what it's all about.many more mods for you do.smiles all the way.theres a 100% stock electronics typhon 3s breaking 100mph on utube.thats INPRESSIVE
Brooo

Yeah our mega conversion just got onto 3S. It is stupid. Wheels fell off. ? I just got myself the typhon 3S and they are comparable in performance so we did good on the granite.

We got 5000 mah 100c 3S batteries for each and a fancy charger. Dude. I know we're miles away from burning up things like your rigs do but we are having FUN. What a difference from where we started.

YEET
did you adjust any of the settings on max10 esc?

Last edited:
Yes. No reverse, punch 5.

So we had a crazy crash and the car came back with the battery hanging out the side and the ESC right off inside the car. ?

Now we tried screwing it (the ESC) right to the receiver box and putting 16 gauge tie wire over top between the two receiver box screws.

I praise you for sticking with mega. Alot of work an money.i got bit by the arrma bug bout a year ago.i spent ALOT from mistakes an building.the build does it for me more than piloting them.jk.the build has gotten outa control.started with adapters,tires an arms just fixing stuff I broke an needed.now I'm into most power.mixing different escz an motors.breaking ,tearing apart ,rebuilding better,learning what every piece does an works.diffrent settings,totally addicted.3s arrma 1/10 are all interchangeable making custom setups easy.6s lineup the same.u stuck with the mega when most would throw in the towel.wont be long you will be putting big block in typhon.having fun a sht eating grins is what it's all about.many more mods for you do.smiles all the way.theres a 100% stock electronics typhon 3s breaking 100mph on utube.thats INPRESSIVE
did you adjust any of the settings on max10 esc?
Question though: should I set the LVC to high instead of intermediate? Or am I pretty safe and like not killing my batteries?

Getting into the habit of immediately store charging them after a run (seems like good timing since there is almost always something broken so we're in the shop anyway. . Or basement man cave.

We left the thermal protection where it's at. Drag braking zero and active braking 75 percent.

We have locking washers and loctite on the motor mount screws. That maybe helps? I think our tires are lighter than stock.
Oh. We blew out our rear tires. Little buddy was full out on grass and turning and hit asphalt. Ripped the bead right out of the wheel. Easy fix.

Last edited:
Question though: should I set the LVC to high instead of intermediate? Or am I pretty safe and like not killing my batteries?

Getting into the habit of immediately store charging them after a run (seems like good timing since there is almost always something broken so we're in the shop anyway. . Or basement man cave.

We left the thermal protection where it's at. Drag braking zero and active braking 75 percent.

Hey bud, just came across this thread. I’ve done similar to a mega Typhon and it rips! I looked into the lvc thing and changed mine to high because intermediated was running my lipo down too low (Something like 3.2v but can’t remember now). I’ve also got LiPo alarms but not tried them yet. Just my 0.02c! ????????

Hey bud, just came across this thread. I’ve done similar to a mega Typhon and it rips! I looked into the lvc thing and changed mine to high because intermediated was running my lipo down too low (Something like 3.2v but can’t remember now). I’ve also got LiPo alarms but not tried them yet. Just my 0.02c! ????????
I am gonna have to keep an eye on that. Thanks, friend!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back