Granite Granite motor problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean c

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good day all I have my granite and would love to run it more often. I have the brushed one which I am having alot of fun with. The hobbytown I go to does racing so I don't want to go brushless. So my question is how do I not over heat and get more life out of the motor? Or would you switch to andofferbt motor esc?

Going brushless is a long list of parts to swap. It is simpler and close to the same cost to simply buy another brushless version of the Granite. If you like the speed it is now, you could just get a better brushed motor and keep it in stock form.

Good day all I have my granite and would love to run it more often. I have the brushed one which I am having alot of fun with. The hobbytown I go to does racing so I don't want to go brushless. So my question is how do I not over heat and get more life out of the motor? Or would you switch to andofferbt motor esc?

A 3650 size brushless motor on 2s is better than trying to get a better non thermaling brushed setup. You can try a heatsink and fan on the motor to see if it helps with temps. I never run the stock setup but I ran a Hobbywing WP1060 rebrand esc and 12t Titan motor with a heatsink and fan on the motor and 16t pinion (slotted the stock mount). Ran it like that for a couple of 2s 5200mah packs (not consecutive) and never thermaled while running in short grass and dirt in 90F+ heat. But the motor was over 170F at the end of the run.

There really is not much choice of getting a better brushed setup. The Granite with it's tires and weight is just too much for a brushed 12t 550 motor IMO. You could go with a higher turn 550 or larger brushed motor but would just end up going higher gearing or more voltage to make up the difference for loss in speed and still may thermal the esc or overheat the motor.

$40 or more dollars for a different brushed setup or the same for a cheap brushless combo that will work without thermaling that's up to you.

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
A 3650 size brushless motor on 2s is better than trying to get a better non thermaling brushed setup. You can try a heatsink and fan on the motor to see if it helps with temps. I never run the stock setup but I ran a Hobbywing WP1060 rebrand esc and 12t Titan motor with a heatsink and fan on the motor and 16t pinion (slotted the stock mount). Ran it like that for a couple of 2s 5200mah packs (not consecutive) and never thermaled while running in short grass and dirt in 90F+ heat. But the motor was over 170F at the end of the run.

There really is not much choice of getting a better brushed setup. The Granite with it's tires and weight is just too much for a brushed 12t 550 motor IMO. You could go with a higher turn 550 or larger brushed motor but would just end up going higher gearing or more voltage to make up the difference for loss in speed and still may thermal the esc or overheat the motor.

$40 or more dollars for a different brushed setup or the same for a cheap brushless combo that will work without thermaling that's up to you.
Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back