Granite Arrma granite problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makinrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello! I just got into rc and bought a used granite it is having a few problems it runs at a very low speed and when you throttle up it stops and you have to try again.if that doesn’t happen it only goes slow and turns the esc off .I’m using the stock battery and a spektrum firma 85a esc and a spektrum firma 3300kv motor and a 17 tooth pinion. HELP!?!?!?!

Hello! I just got into rc and bought a used granite it is having a few problems it runs at a very low speed and when you throttle up it stops and you have to try again.if that doesn’t happen it only goes slow and turns the esc off .I’m using the stock battery and a spektrum firma 85a esc and a spektrum firma 3300kv motor and a 17 tooth pinion. HELP!?!?!?!

Post some pics of your rig so we can see the actual conditions it's in.

In the meantime have you checked:
1. To see if there's any friction or binding in the transmission?
2. Looked to see if the cooling fans are running normally or is it hesitating/slow?
3. Read the temps off the motor and ESC? With a laser thermometer?

Give us some more info so we can help you better. 👍

And, Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome!

My 3200kv gets my blx100 pretty toasty on a 15t with a fan?

Maybe its the 85a esc workin too hard? Is this on 2s or 3s?

That's a good point.
Stock ESC should be a 100A unit..

Also, @makinrc what surface are you driving? Loose gravel, parking lot or tall grass??

Help is here.
Start with looking over the manual better. Read up on the maintenance parts of the manual and the ESC programming, removing the "Power Module" etc.. Baby steps. All in the manual. The Arrma website has it for download. Freely available, if you don't have it.
This will help you communicate better here, proper terminolgy etc. , any issue you might have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back